Ceci n'est pas une OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']That's funny because I've never found pushing a button to attack to require any thought at all in....well....every game I've ever played. Spinning the controller is much more complicated than pushing a button. Again, the Wii controls feel forced and attacking could have easily been mapped to a button like it was in Mario 64.
[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point.

If you've got 4 face buttons in a fairly standard layout along with shoulder buttons, then chances are that you can hit 3 buttons at any time - pointer fingers on shoulders, right thumb on controller face.

If you can incorporate motion into that, but still leave your fingers where they lay, then it's like having instant access to a four button, even if you hold the controller identically.

What you are saying is if you have access to those three buttons, but instead, one of the buttons is dead, and is replaced solely with motion. I.e., now one of the shoulder buttons just didn't get anything mapped to it at all, when it clearly was entirely available and useful.

That's a different matter, because then it is a case of motion replacing a button, where as with the other, it allows you the ability to do more instantaneously. Now, whether or not that proves ultimately useful? That's a question of the game itself. Again, in Strikers, it works amazingly well, because I can easily do any of four or five actions instantly, instead of sacrificing the small amount of time it would take to move a finger to another button.

And dallow, it's no different from your constant praise of Sony at this point, especially in the OTT, where I hardly bring up game discussion, since I've always seen this as a simple place to chat via post. Point being that, say, a year ago, the OTT wasn't constantly bombarded with game talk, pro-or-anti some company, and that's just not the case now.

On a related note, I find all of the "Sunshine sucks" sentiment to be largely equal to "Halo sucks" commentary, because it essentially is saying the game in the genre is terrible. By execution standards, both of those games work very well, and far outclass a lot of their contemporaries. After that, it's a totally subjective stance, and that's on a wholly different plane.

[quote name='Strell']And dallow, it's no different from your constant praise of Sony at this point, especially in the OTT, where I hardly bring up game discussion, since I've always seen this as a simple place to chat via post. Point being that, say, a year ago, the OTT wasn't constantly bombarded with game talk, pro-or-anti some company, and that's just not the case now.[/QUOTE]:whistle2:s

I must have missed dallow's adulations. Last time he (indirectly) talked 'bout his triple, IIRC, was when he mentioned how purty everything looked on his new (and massive) HDTV.

Everyone talks about how the PS3 and 360 are awesome and amazing and the Wii blows, so I don't see why everyone bitches at Strell for actually enjoying the Wii and defending it against all the mindless hate.

[quote name='red flare graf']We have a gaming OTT. You guys need to be more organized. All this clutter, got damn.[/quote]

Is this a serious post?

[quote name='red flare graf']We have a gaming OTT. You guys need to be more organized. All this clutter, got damn.[/quote]

I thought the OTT was all randomness.

I feel like being an asshole and sending snooty replies to those people who never PMed me back...it's been a full two weeks now. Though, I'm not sure if the trouble it would cause would be worth it, and I still don't have the guide I want anyway.

And yes, I know they're probably reading this, so consider this my passive-aggressive reminder-slash-up yours.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Those folks at the gaming OTT sure know how to make shitty titles.

I think Demo Man or Darthbudge taught them.[/quote]

And the threads suck anyway. They discuss, like, two popular games, and that's it. It's mostly just people posting what they're donig with no one caring. Sort of like the OTT, but a lot more boring.

The gaming OTT was a terrible idea to begin with.

[quote name='Rocko']And the threads suck anyway. They discuss, like, two popular games, and that's it. It's mostly just people posting what they're donig with no one caring. Sort of like the OTT, but a lot more boring.

The gaming OTT was a terrible idea to begin with.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how it was a terrible idea, but you're right about no one caring.

[quote name='The Crotch']Why do people attack Nintendo in front of Strell so much?

I thought Sunshine was technically well done, but still really god damn boring.[/quote]Huh?
He just appeared.
There's Wii Sux comments all the time, mostly do to Chad Warden, which we all love so much.

I'm more a myke when it comes to Sony.
I like everyone, but like to talk about That Triple since everyone puts it down.
You're a bit more ardent.

S'coo though, just wondering. I know you've been a Nintendo Power suscriber since day 1.

[quote name='The Crotch']I might have enjoyed Mario Sunshine if only Mario were in it.[/QUOTE]
That's what I mean, really.

I said that because it just didn't feel like Mario, to me.

[quote name='darthbudge']Has anyone played Dementium: The Ward yet? If so, is it good?[/quote]TFN just got it I think. He says it's scary.... but he's a baby so...

[quote name='dallow']TFN just got it I think. He says it's scary.... but he's a baby so...[/QUOTE]
You didn't say it right. You have to use :baby:

[quote name='Kayden']Wait... Why is TMK trying to sit at the cool kids table?[/QUOTE]I use to sit with the cool guys in H.S.

As for SMS, it just wasn't my cup of tea. I badly wanted to like it, but ended up preferring Ratchet & Clank, Sly Copper, Blinx, etc. that year instead. There were plenty of other GC games I loved that year though, so it's fine. :) I can't wait to play Galaxy though.

I think instead of grading papers, like I SHOULD be doing, I'm gonna play some more GH3. I really wanna play Stricken tonight.

[quote name='karsh']I think instead of grading papers, like I SHOULD be doing, I'm gonna play some more GH3. I really wanna play Stricken tonight.[/QUOTE]I use to grade papers for a Professor. I kind of missed that job (gave me some extra money).

[quote name='Mojimbo']Dullow, what're you doing with your old TeeVee?[/quote]I'm pretty sure my cousin is buying it from me, and GMOOJ has dibs on it in case he should back out.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I graded papers... bah. It's so depressing. Looks like another week wasted on fucking fractions. I swear I taught those brats this shit last year.[/QUOTE]
Before I got my internship, I used to tutor, and the one thing that I could never teach was reducing fractions. Shit was impossible. The only way to get it through was with tons of repetition.

I'm going to leave this to the OTT, but I checked out my Facebook profile, and now it looks like I have one extra friend. I checked and that girl was back on my friends list. She was off it for a while, but appeared back on. It's not like she just removed her profile or blocked me, because I still found her profile. Now I'm really confused.

Oh well, I'm going to say all is forgiven.

But the thing is, she is currently single, and I'm trying to make a decision about trying to get her again, or if I should just forget about it. I'm 50/50 right now, but I'll decide one day. I'm going to clean up my Facebook and MySpace profiles a bit though.

Well, almost done with most of the shit I have been putting off all weekend. ('cept the fucking hedges.)

Think I'll give Juggers a bath, send his ass to bed and then...

my plan kinda grinds to a halt there...

[quote name='The Mana Knight']But the thing is, she is currently single, and I'm trying to make a decision about trying to get her again, or if I should just forget about it. I'm 50/50 right now, but I'll decide one day. [/quote]

If it's going to continue bothering you so much, why not talk to her? Resolution is the gateway to acceptance, my friend.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm going to leave this to the OTT, but I checked out my Facebook profile, and now it looks like I have one extra friend. I checked and that girl was back on my friends list. She was off it for a while, but appeared back on. It's not like she just removed her profile or blocked me, because I still found her profile. Now I'm really confused.

But the thing is, she is currently single, and I'm trying to make a decision about trying to get her again, or if I should just forget about it. I'm 50/50 right now, but I'll decide one day. I'm going to clean up my Facebook and MySpace profiles a bit though.[/QUOTE]
Now or never, TMK. I think it's too late, but at least trying will help you a lot.
It'll suck if you get turned down, but it happens to everyone.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm going to leave this to the OTT, but I checked out my Facebook profile, and now it looks like I have one extra friend. I checked and that girl was back on my friends list. She was off it for a while, but appeared back on. It's not like she just removed her profile or blocked me, because I still found her profile. Now I'm really confused.

But the thing is, she is currently single, and I'm trying to make a decision about trying to get her again, or if I should just forget about it. I'm 50/50 right now, but I'll decide one day. I'm going to clean up my Facebook and MySpace profiles a bit though.[/QUOTE]
Just ask her out.

"Hey. You want to go out sometime?"

Works like a charm.

If you want to appear smoove, say:

"You wanna go out sometime? If not, that's cool. If you do, that's cool, too."

[quote name='Brak']Just ask her out.

"Hey. You want to go out sometime?"

Works like a charm.

"You wanna go out sometime? If not, that's cool. If you do, that's cool, too."[/QUOTE]
Easy as pie.

It might be easier for you (TMK) if you choose a place to go.

"Hey, you want to grab some coffee/lunch/whatever sometime?"

[quote name='Brak']

"You wanna go out sometime? If not, that's cool. If you do, that's cool, too."[/QUOTE]

We call this the Peter Gibbons Approach, or PGA for short.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Before I got my internship, I used to tutor, and the one thing that I could never teach was reducing fractions. Shit was impossible. The only way to get it through was with tons of repetition.[/QUOTE]
Meh reducing is a big problem but it seems random who is struggling on what. For my 4th graders since all this fraction stuff is new we made notecards to use for step by step instructions. My 5th graders should remember it but they can't remember simple things like when dividing fractions flip the second and then multiply. It's very upsetting. I told them I was giving the same test over plus 5 questions and they still missed questions on the test before.
I give up.

[quote name='Strell']We call this the Peter Gibbons Approach, or PGA for short.[/QUOTE]
Good form.

I'm tired. I really want to stay up since I have nothing to do tomorrow, but I'm just tired as fuck from waking up at like 8 and being out all day.

Oh well. Night OTT.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Meh reducing is a big problem but it seems random who is struggling on what. For my 4th graders since all this fraction stuff is new we made notecards to use for step by step instructions. My 5th graders should remember it but they can't remember simple things like when dividing fractions flip the second and then multiply. It's very upsetting. I told them I was giving the same test over plus 5 questions and they still missed questions on the test before.
I give up.[/QUOTE]
Are they at least trying? I had this one cunt student who didn't even try to work, incessantly bitched/talked, and distracted all the kids who were actually trying to learn their shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back