Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

[quote name='bvharris']Top 3 what? Seahawks? ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah my bad! What will the projected draft window be? I need to know if I should pack the Xbox or not!

[quote name='staticz']Haha yeah my bad! What will the projected draft window be? I need to know if I should pack the Xbox or not![/QUOTE]

Hmm, I dunno. Figure the Week 17 deadline will be Saturday and then allowing time for the playoffs and a brief offseason (1 or 2 days).. Next weekend at the latest I'd think.

[quote name='bvharris']Hmm, I dunno. Figure the Week 17 deadline will be Saturday and then allowing time for the playoffs and a brief offseason (1 or 2 days).. Next weekend at the latest I'd think.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess I'll pack the Xbox then. No telling how bored I'll be anyway, especially at night.

[quote name='BSETI50']Mog scares me[/QUOTE]

ull be better off cause ur good with the mlb... he runs up the middle and he can do 1 play and run left out of it up the middle or go right with succes ... i can only do so much on defense... the last game i beat him i forced him to pass and had success running the balanced offense keeping him offguard... this time it got out of hand early and u cant beat mog hoping for the big play his defense is to fast and now with cushing at olb its even tougher to run..... i aint ever scared but hopefully he gets knocked out early in playoffs... also ill be happy to be in detroit cause stafford is better at home.... he missed some key passes.... as for the panthers it was a good game but if i was in the same scenario 3rd and something 4th quarter on his 15 i would of milked it kicked the field goal and put the pressure on his offense... i decided to throw cause my passin game has been struggling my wr was wide open and his corner much like the other ints he had made an unusual great pick that let him go down and kick the fieldgoal for the win....if i had my lions.it woiuld of been a diff game

Texans-Patriots going down tonight.

Kaster, I'll do my best to win it for you buddy, but I've got to weigh that against making sure my team is healthy for the playoffs.

[quote name='bvharris']Texans-Patriots going down tonight.

Kaster, I'll do my best to win it for you buddy, but I've got to weigh that against making sure my team is healthy for the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

We do a pretty good job of injuring guys, though, I'd much rather play you with your full compliment of players. But if someone does get hurt, don't say you weren't warned. ;)

[quote name='RamesuThe1']We do a pretty good job of injuring guys, though, I'd much rather play you with your full compliment of players. But if someone does get hurt, don't say you weren't warned. ;)[/QUOTE]

You're certainly not getting the full compliment. My two most important offensive players - Gronk and Ross - are definitely sitting the entire game. I stand basically zero chance in the playoffs without those guys, so it would be foolish of me to trot them out there in a game which means nothing for me. I just need to decide who else I want to protect. McCoy will start, but may only play a half.

lets just say either doom or bv end up with 3 losses, who would get the bye between me and them? i know i got 3 afc losses all in my division, and i know u each have an afc loss. u think madden could fack somethin up for me?

[quote name='BSETI50']lets just say either doom or bv end up with 3 losses, who would get the bye between me and them? i know i got 3 afc losses all in my division, and i know u each have an afc loss. u think madden could fack somethin up for me?[/QUOTE]

Both of us have clinched the tie-breaker over you based on conference record.

And yes, Madden could certainly screw it up and give you a bye in that scenario. It's happened before.

I need Tanabeo and the Rams to each lose one game to give me a chance.

But they play eachother this week which will make it that much harder. Hopefully next season I can take care of business so I won't have to worry about other teams losing at the end of the season.

I feel like I can beat any NFC team right now

Speaking of next season, if anyone knows for sure that they're not going to continue with their team for Season 5, please let me know so we can start to think about filling these teams.

[quote name='bvharris']Speaking of next season, if anyone knows for sure that they're not going to continue with their team for Season 5, please let me know so we can start to think about filling these teams.[/QUOTE]

i been in talks with ballhawk hes not workin as much now about taking back the saints

[quote name='sprice8688']i been in talks with ballhawk hes not workin as much now about taking back the saints[/QUOTE]

If Cheesy leaves (which I guess he might if his 360 is still screwed up) he'd be welcome to come back as the Saints. If not, there may well be other openings.

[quote name='bvharris']Speaking of next season, if anyone knows for sure that they're not going to continue with their team for Season 5, please let me know so we can start to think about filling these teams.[/QUOTE]

Season 5 may be my last. Haven't decided yet. Always sucks playing my games when I'm home for the summer. The connection is mediocre.

[quote name='Doomtime']Season 5 may be my last. Haven't decided yet. Always sucks playing my games when I'm home for the summer. The connection is mediocre.[/QUOTE]

I think Season 5 is likely to be our last period unless we for some reason decide to forgo Madden 13 entirely and stick with this franchise.

At our current pace I'm pretty sure a hypothetical Season 6 would overlap with the release of Madden 13 (we've generally taken about 2 months per season).

I'm not totally ruling it out, but we'd probably need to do it on an accelerated schedule.

Remaining Games:

Redskins-Cowboys
Titans-Jets
Chiefs-Jags
Colts-Broncos
Ravens-Packers
Bengals-Browns
Bucs-Rams
Giants-Eagles
Chargers-Raiders
Vikings-Falcons
Bills-Saints
Texans-Pats (6PM EST tonight)
Dolphins-Steelers

[quote name='bvharris']I think Season 5 is likely to be our last period unless we for some reason decide to forgo Madden 13 entirely and stick with this franchise.[/QUOTE]

Could you actually see that happening?

I wouldn't object to that. Wrap up season 5 and use the last month or so before Madden 13 to either practice or just take a break in general.

We shouldn't walk into Madden 13 burnt out.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Could you actually see that happening?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's especially likely, no. We'd all have to agree that Madden 13 was a total turd and not worth our time. Given how little Madden changes from year to year, I really doubt that. I don't think it would be feasible to have both running at once.

[quote name='bvharris']I think Season 5 is likely to be our last period unless we for some reason decide to forgo Madden 13 entirely and stick with this franchise.

At our current pace I'm pretty sure a hypothetical Season 6 would overlap with the release of Madden 13 (we've generally taken about 2 months per season).

I'm not totally ruling it out, but we'd probably need to do it on an accelerated schedule.[/

id like to play 2 more season.... the benefit is it would give us something to do while we wait for the updates then we can just start fresh with 13

[quote name='sprice8688']
id like to play 2 more season.... the benefit is it would give us something to do while we wait for the updates then we can just start fresh with 13[/QUOTE]

It's just a matter of timing. 2 more seasons isn't impossible, but we'd need to maintain a pretty good pace.

As I've said before though, I'll keep running the league as long as enough people want to keep playing in it.

As long as the league is full it'll be fun to me. In my NCAA OD we keep it going until the named rosters are complete (usually a week or so into the release of the next version) We stay full so, it stays fun.

I have to play MA? fuck my life. It sucks that the last game got simmed. I got off last night since I had heard nothing back from my opponent and did not expect him to get back on, but I wasn't requesting a sub since the earlier miscommunication was seemingly a mix-up on both our parts. I'm quickly reaching critcial levels of Madden fatigue as it is, however.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have to play MA? fuck my life.[/QUOTE]

After having two abysmal seasons the one thing I can hold onto is that MA has never scored a point against me :D

Updated.

Bears have now clinched.

AFC

1. y-Kansas City Chiefs (13-1)
2. y-New England Patriots (13-1)
3. y-Tennessee Titans (11-3)
4. y-Baltimore Ravens (9-5)
5. *San Diego Chargers (10-4)
6. * Houston Texans (9-5)

In The Hunt

7. Denver Broncos (8-6)
8. Oakland Raiders (7-7)

NFC

1. y-Detroit Lions (14-1)
2. y-Atlanta Falcons (12-2)
3. y-San Francisco 49ers (11-4)
4. Dallas Cowboys/New York Giants (5-9)
5. *x-Chicago Bears (10-5)
6. *Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-6)

In the Hunt

7. St Louis Rams (8-6)
8. Arizona Cardinals (7-7)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='staticz']After having two abysmal seasons the one thing I can hold onto is that MA has never scored a point against me :D[/QUOTE]

I love the guy, but he raped me multiple times (game disconnected twice I think) in a playoff game in the Madden 12 franchise.

Cardinals need to beat the Saints and have the winner of the Rams/Bucs game to lose to either the Jets or the Seahawks, to be tied at 9-7.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Cardinals need to beat the Saints and have the winner of the Rams/Bucs game to lose to either the Jets or the Seahawks, to be tied at 9-7.[/QUOTE]

That last part might be tough. Seattle is resting its starters for the draft.

[quote name='staticz']That last part might be tough. Seattle is resting its starters for the draft.[/QUOTE]

Let's GO TANABEO! And then N8!

Regardless the Cardinals are feeling great about next season and it's not really that far away.

Did I clinch the 2 seed yet? It still has an x next to the falcons so I'm not sure. Just wondering so I can rest my starters.

[quote name='Reds711']Did I clinch the 2 seed yet? It still has an x next to the falcons so I'm not sure. Just wondering so I can rest my starters.[/QUOTE]

Yes you have clinched the 2. Forgot to change it. It's fixed now.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Are the Falcons easily the most under rated team in the league right now?[/QUOTE]

I think I am. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']Updated.

Bears have now clinched.

AFC

1. y-Kansas City Chiefs (13-1)
2. y-New England Patriots (13-1)
3. y-Tennessee Titans (11-3)
4. y-Baltimore Ravens (9-5)
5. *San Diego Chargers (10-4)
6. * Houston Texans (9-5)

In The Hunt

7. Denver Broncos (8-6)
8. Oakland Raiders (7-7)[/QUOTE]

Dat AFC West.

[quote name='staticz']After having two abysmal seasons the one thing I can hold onto is that MA has never scored a point against me :D[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah yeah...my offense sucks though!!! My defense always carries me...I'll usually either blow my opponent out or lose, I don't usually win the close ones/shootouts. I'll either force a few turnovers early which will lead to a quick lead (and then I can run the ball the rest of the game to limit my turnovers, which in turn lead to blowouts for me), or I'll go down early and go into panic mode and start throwing a hundred picks. My passing game has really gotten abysmal lately. It started bothering me so much that I quit my other 2 franchises a few days ago and now this is my only one left (I'm still fully committed to it though).

Early on in Madden 12, I found no more than 10 or so pass plays that I got comfortable using in different situations, and then I was content using those for the extent of all my franchises rather than practicing different playbooks, incorporating different routes, etc. But for a while now, those plays just don't seem to cut it anymore...I think other people have been adapting throughout the course of Madden 12 whereas I've just been lazy and using the same array of plays I've been using the whole time. I need to hit up practice mode or something and find some new "money plays" on offense. The closest thing I have to a "money play" is just that simple slant out to the right with my speedy TE who seems to beat any man coverage that way. But even then, I can't live with myself running the same play more than a few times a game, so that's the extent to which I use it. But anyways, there's my complimentary scouting report on myself right before playoffs, have a great day everyone!

[quote name='LVPatriots']Are the Falcons easily the most under rated team in the league right now?[/QUOTE]

Ravens. I guarantee everyone sleeps on them come playoff time given their so-so record, but they're 4th in point differential behind the Lions, Chiefs, and Patriots, and 80 points in front of the 5th place Titans.

Edit: Not according to MA though, lol.

Lol well my problem is just consistency...I'm not a CONSISTENTLY good player, but I have some really good games and then some really awful ones. Just take my last 2 games...I got crushed by LV 37-10 (with a 4-7 record or something) SUBBING for the Steelers, and then the week after I beat mog (one of the best players in the league) 43-10. Not judging LV or anything lol, just going by record...I feel like my AI plays like SH@# one week and the next they are flawless. Everyone feels that way I'm sure, but the best players in the league can overcome that week after week (evident by their records) but I can't seem to do the same....

And I feel like my MLB usering skills have declined a bit lately too...I dunno if I'm getting old or what, but I seem to always read a play a half-second too late now, as opposed to before where I'd figure out where my opponent was going just before they'd throw the ball which led to me picking off a ton of passes.

[quote name='Superstar']I can't believe sitting at 5-9 still gives me a chance to win the NFC East..[/QUOTE]

beats bein stuck in the nfc north with mog and sprice i bet

Working on setting up my game with the Bengals now.

Also, I'm thinking I'm going to have to call it quits after the season is over. I'm getting more hours at work now and honestly if I want to come back for Madden 13 I think it is time to give the Browns a rest. Four seasons is enough torture I think.

[quote name='BSETI50']beats bein stuck in the nfc north with mog and sprice i bet[/QUOTE]

Or in the AFC North with you and Ramesu

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Lol well my problem is just consistency...I'm not a CONSISTENTLY good player, but I have some really good games and then some really awful ones. Just take my last 2 games...I got crushed by LV 37-10 (with a 4-7 record or something) SUBBING for the Steelers, and then the week after I beat mog (one of the best players in the league) 43-10. Not judging LV or anything lol, just going by record...I feel like my AI plays like SH@# one week and the next they are flawless. Everyone feels that way I'm sure, but the best players in the league can overcome that week after week (evident by their records) but I can't seem to do the same....

And I feel like my MLB usering skills have declined a bit lately too...I dunno if I'm getting old or what, but I seem to always read a play a half-second too late now, as opposed to before where I'd figure out where my opponent was going just before they'd throw the ball which led to me picking off a ton of passes.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. That's why I run.

Patriots defeat the Texans 20-14 without Ross and Gronk and with McCoy only playing the first half. Three huge picks by the Patriots D (including one by Mayo when the Texans were threatening near the end) were the difference.

I'll do a full write-up shortly, got to grab some food quickly. GG Ramesu!

Kaster, you can make the check payable to cash. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']Denver's future is in my hands.

THE POWAA[/QUOTE]

They'd still need to win out, since the Texans own the tie-breaker.

bread's done
Back