Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

[quote name='Doomtime']
My defense played well so I can't complain.
[/QUOTE]

They did indeed. Though my starters aren't going to drop all those balls that the scrubs did. ;)

My offense is never going to be efficient without good TEs, so once I took Gronk out I had no real expectations about moving the ball. With Julius Thomas out until the AFCCG (if I make it), Gronk is the last player on my team I can afford to lose. He's not playing another snap this season, obviously.

I did get a chance to see whether Evan Smith can throw a competent deep ball, and I think he threw a couple nice ones (one in particular to Demaryius Thomas), so if I'm in Hail Mary mode in the postseason I think he'd be the guy.

The more amazing thing is that I came out of that game still having the #1 defense (though obviously it's much closer now), so I do have something to play for the last few weeks.

Edit: Just to give an idea how flat my D was out of the gate, they allowed more rushing yards on the first drive than they average per game on the season.

[quote name='bvharris']The more amazing thing is that I came out of that game still having the #1 defense (though obviously it's much closer now), so I do have something to play for the last few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Probably out of reach for me. I'd need at least one shutout.

[quote name='Doomtime']Probably out of reach for me. I'd need at least one shutout.[/QUOTE]

Or for me to get lit up the next two games. I face two top-6 offenses, and will be resting a ton of starters, so it's not inconceivable.

AFC

1. y-Kansas City Chiefs (13-1)
2. y-New England Patriots (13-1)
3. Tennessee Titans (10-3)
4. y-Baltimore Ravens (8-5)
5. *San Diego Chargers (9-4)
6. * Houston Texans (9-5)

In The Hunt

7. Denver Broncos (7-6)

On Life Support

8. Oakland Raiders (7-7)
9. Miami Dolphins (6-7)

NFC

1. y-Detroit Lions (13-0)
2. x-Atlanta Falcons (11-2)
3. y-San Francisco 49ers (11-2)
4. New York Giants (5-9) Does anyone want to win this division? :lol:
5. *Chicago Bears (9-4)
6. *Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-5)

In the Hunt

7. St Louis Rams (8-6)

On Life Support

8. Arizona Cardinals (6-7)
9.Green Bay Packers (6-7)

[quote name='Doomtime']
1. y-Kansas City Chiefs (13-1)
2. y-New England Patriots (13-1)
3. Tennessee Titans (10-3)
[/QUOTE]

It does occur to me that even though I've clinched the tie-breaker over the Titans, Madden has screwed up the byes before, so maybe I'd better try and win one more game to make sure. Although if Deuce can take him out now, that would be a moot point.

[quote name='Doomtime']It could screw our seeds up if we both finish 15-1. Either way, I'm just glad to have a spot.[/QUOTE]

I don't care much about that, the 1 versus the 2 is meaningless in Madden. I suppose you could say a game in KC is much more likely to be dry, though I'd honestly prefer that anyway.

[quote name='GpNinja']So do I need to win my next 2 to make the playoffs?[/QUOTE]

Yep, though a lot of it depends on Tampa Bay. You'll need them to lose at least one of their games.

Plus you play each other in week 16.

[quote name='Deuce20602']whoa... the Rams beat the Texans!?[/QUOTE]

Which keeps the Broncos alive. Texans still have to play New England and KC.

It'll be interesting to see if Denver can sneak in for that final spot.

[quote name='Tanabeo']The giants are like the Seahawks 2 seasons ago[/QUOTE]

I lost this week too, 8 game losing streak. I started off so well, I'm giving up too many turnovers.

[quote name='Doomtime']Which keeps the Broncos alive. Texans still have to play New England and KC.

It'll be interesting to see if Denver can sneak in for that final spot.[/QUOTE]

I know madden is screwy, but I lost to Houston, Tennessee, and San Diego (once) as well as 4 division losses, so the only way I can theoretically get in is to win out and SD losing out. But hey, if Madden gifts me a playoff berth I'll take it :D

[quote name='KasterDB']I know madden is screwy, but I lost to Houston, Tennessee, and San Diego (once) as well as 4 division losses, so the only way I can theoretically get in is to win out and SD losing out. But hey, if Madden gifts me a playoff berth I'll take it :D[/QUOTE]

Not true.

Houston is 9-5. Denver is 8-6.

Losses to KC and NE would sit Houston at 9-7.

A Denver win over SD and Indy puts you at 10-6.

[quote name='Doomtime']Not true.

A Denver win over SD and Indy puts you at 10-6.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought he was 10-4. Never mind, haha. Still, I'll need help to get in, but at least I've got a chance. Here's hoping mailman and I can connect next time.

[quote name='Yanksrule123']Hey tanabeo do u mind contacting cheesyman for me i know he has a tough timw with thw thread jw thanks[/QUOTE]

His xbox is on the fritz, you can play a sub.

Remaining Games:

Colts-Jags
Saints-Panthers
Jets-Chargers
Ravens-Bears
Packers-Vikings
Cardinals-Seahawks
Steelers-Browns
Bengals-Bills
Cowboys-Eagles
Lions-Redskins
Falcons-Bucs

[quote name='Doomtime']Not true.

A Denver win over SD and Indy puts you at 10-6.[/QUOTE]
Indy plans on laying down the hammer to close this year out....anyone know DVO's status? should i find a sub for our game?

[quote name='bvharris']His xbox is on the fritz, you can play a sub.

Remaining Games:

Colts-Jags
Saints-Panthers
Jets-Chargers
Ravens-Bears
Packers-Vikings
Cardinals-Seahawks
Steelers-Browns
Bengals-Bills
Cowboys-Eagles
Lions-Redskins
Falcons-Bucs[/QUOTE]

lions skins 10 am tomm.... also anyone interested in cliff avril 87 ovr de looking for a 1 rd pick... or de lawrence jackson 80 ovr he has 12 sacks this yr... let me know

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I PM'ed mog early yesterday about our game, nothing from him yet....I'm pretty busy today but I should be free for most of tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

pm me ur availability and ill call him for ya

PM'd damailman yesterday about our game. Haven't heard anything back. My big days of availability are Friday and Saturday. I'll have some time tomorrow, but much more limited. Not that the game really matters, but I don't want to waste my time either.

[quote name='sprice8688']lol bet ya hed injure lockers bitch ass[/QUOTE]

bet ya either of my tackles would pancake the shit out of him if he tried

[quote name='BSETI50']bet ya either of my tackles would pancake the shit out of him if he tried[/QUOTE]
make it to the sb so we can find out

[quote name='sprice8688']make it to the sb so we can find out[/QUOTE]

yea ive got a tough road ahead of me...i wouldnt be so confident if i were you either u got lucky last year n didnt have to face mog in the playoffs, and duece is out to prove somethin. i wouldnt be shocked if u got bounced early...

[quote name='BSETI50']yea ive got a tough road ahead of me...i wouldnt be so confident if i were you either u got lucky last year n didnt have to face mog in the playoffs, and duece is out to prove somethin. i wouldnt be shocked if u got bounced early...[/QUOTE]

Yeah sprice is talking like he's got this thing won already. Lol.

Just heard from damailman. This is the message I sent him yesterday, and the response that I got.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hey man, what's your availability like this weekend for this game? I'll be around most of tonight, and can play pretty much any time tomorrow before 9 PM EST if you name a time in advance (just need a little notice). Just let me know.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='damailman2272']Yea we prolly will have to play sunday[/QUOTE]

Was hoping for a little better communication.

i wouldnt be shocked either mog and duece are good as players... and im not saying it like i got in won already the only way me and him could play is if we both make it to the superbowl... i do plan on making it there... it depends sometimes my teams great sonetimes my teams garbage lol.. the other day wen i played the giants stafford struggled, wrs dropped balls, defense was obviously terrible. but will see like anyone else i believe i can beat anyone so ill ride that ship till it sinks.... u pats fans know first hand that goin undefeated dont make u a champion. so the season is bullshit... im out for my second lombardi..

[quote name='Yanksrule123']Hey tanabeo do u mind contacting cheesyman for me i know he has a tough timw with thw thread jw thanks[/QUOTE]

His Xbox broke he is looking for a new one sometime soon but someone is going to need to sub for him this week I know the bills enjoy to play ask sprice if he will sub for cheesy

[quote name='Tanabeo']His Xbox broke he is looking for a new one sometime soon but someone is going to need to sub for him this week I know the bills enjoy to play ask sprice if he will sub for cheesy[/QUOTE]

let me know wen and ill ask him

I guess ill play sprice i know i cnt make the playoffs even if i win out tanabeo beat me twice !! Which sucks and has an * next to it hahahhaa bushleague! But im good some point tonight

[quote name='Yanksrule123']I guess ill play sprice i know i cnt make the playoffs even if i win out tanabeo beat me twice !! Which sucks and has an * next to it hahahhaa bushleague! But im good some point tonight[/QUOTE]

u dont have to play me id ud prefer not to... i mean if niether of u are playoff bound see if u can play the cpu

I want to play sprice and i want him to try hahahaha i want a challenege even if i lose just had a ba season this year !! And by the way bv just wondering but i dont think i have a team for 2013 madden cause i know im going to get screwd and the panthers are gunna get takin away from me by duece which is bs cause he left them

bread's done
Back