Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

Chiefs lose 28-27.Texans clinch the 6th seed.

Can't say I'm too mad considering Charles hardly played, but if that was a playoff match I would have been pretty mad.

Texans recover a surprise onside and somehow block the game ending field goal and run it all the way back.

Two times I opted for a 55 yard field goal on 4th and inches. Don't expect that courtesy in the playoffs.

[quote name='Doomtime']
Two times I opted for a 55 yard field goal on 4th and inches. Don't expect that courtesy in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you were so courteous considering someone else's playoff hopes were on the line. But that's your call I guess. ;)

Pats now have a bit of an incentive tomorrow night since they can steal back the 1 seed.

[quote name='Doomtime']That's all right. Titans rematch is all lined up. Just like I hoped.[/QUOTE]

Donno if I'll get thru ramesu without tommie campbell or jason mccourty but we'll see...ramesu is just good at timing the snap on fg's, he watches the playclock and tries to time it, I used to block madd fg's doin it but they patched it n since then I've blocked one fg and it was luck.

Remaining Games and Playoff Scenarios:
+ = matters for playoff spots
* = matters for playoff seeding

Packers-Cowboys+
Ravens-Browns
Falcons-Patriots*
Bills-Raiders
Bucs-Jets+
Giants-Redskins+
Saints-Cardinals+
Dolphins-Panthers
Bengals-Vikings
Chargers-Broncos
Rams-Seahawks
Bears-Steelers
Lions-Eagles

Bucs clinch with a win or a Cardinals loss. Cardinals are in with a win and a Bucs loss based on the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Giants clinch with a win or a Cowboys loss. If the Giants lose and the Cowboys win, the Cowboys should get in based on the Common Games tiebreaker, but who knows if Madden can get that right.

Patriots can grab the #1 seed with a win.

Everything else is set.

Pats will try for the 1 seed but aren't going to get anyone killed in the process.

Sitting: Gronk, McCoy, White, Thomas, Ross (though he'll not be too pleased about being held out a third straight game when he's on the cusp of 2000 yards).

Starting: Pretty much the entire defense since my backups actually have lower injury ratings than the starters in most cases. I'll likely sub guys in as the game goes on though.

Evan Smith and the scrubs will try to replicate their week 17 performance from last year when they shut out the Seahawks 17-0.

is there a sub for sprice? cause i gotta go soon. i never contacted him and i was never contacted either about anything.

[quote name='dptang0']is there a sub for sprice? cause i gotta go soon. i never contacted him and i was never contacted either about anything.[/QUOTE]

Doom is subbing. It's literally on this page.

49ers end the regular season in a good note, taking down the Colts in their typical defense-led assault. we're now focusing our attention on the playoffs...

Last edited by a moderator:
How would it decide between cowboys and giants? We are both 1-1 against each other, would be tied in division and conference, and our point differential is exactly the same, maybe cause he just scored more points in his win? Between both games we scored the same amount of points.

Or based on how we did against similar opponents?

[quote name='Blade3D']How would it decide between cowboys and giants? We are both 1-1 against each other, would be tied in division and conference, and our point differential is exactly the same, maybe cause he just scored more points in his win? Between both games we scored the same amount of points.

Or based on how we did against similar opponents?[/QUOTE]

Your game will incinerate.

[quote name='dptang0']is there a sub for sprice? cause i gotta go soon. i never contacted him and i was never contacted either about anything.[/QUOTE]

like i said thru pm its.no.big. deal but i.did send a xbox live message and when statics told me how to send a pm i spelled ur name with a o instead of a 0.... i was on lookin for u till 12 eastern but im goin to oc today so i wasnt staying on all night.

[quote name='Doomtime']That's all right. Titans rematch is all lined up. Just like I hoped.[/QUOTE]

I love being DISRESPECTED! It helps me keep focus.

Thanks Doom.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I love being DISRESPECTED! It helps me keep focus.

Thanks Doom.[/QUOTE]

Happens to me all the time these days.

Lol. ;) (Have to find some way to motivate you for Tennessee)

[quote name='Blade3D']How would it decide between cowboys and giants? We are both 1-1 against each other, would be tied in division and conference, and our point differential is exactly the same, maybe cause he just scored more points in his win? Between both games we scored the same amount of points.

Or based on how we did against similar opponents?[/QUOTE]

I broke it down at the top of this page. Cowboys would win based on common games.

u guys are gonna have some good ass games in the playoffs... it will.be fun to watch .... can one of u take out doom.to keep ur superbowl hopes alive?

I'm capable of beating anyone in this league, especially when I don't turn the ball over. That'll be the key for me in the playoffs. I want to continue to be aggressive with the passing game and protect the ball at the same time. We'll see... I'm amped for the matchup with the Titans.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I'm capable of beating anyone in this league, especially when I don't turn the ball over. That'll be the key for me in the playoffs. I want to continue to be aggressive with the passing game and protect the ball at the same time. We'll see... I'm amped for the matchup with the Titans.[/QUOTE]

i think u can to.. i think any of u can run away with it its just that one game that passing doesnt go ur way that fucks u... thats y i tried learning to run more and it helped... but next season with a healthy stafford will see if andre can still put up bettet numbers then calvin :)....

[quote name='sprice8688']i think u can to.. i think any of u can run away with it its just that one game that passing doesnt go ur way that fucks u... thats y i tried learning to run more and it helped... but next season with a healthy stafford will see if andre can still put up bettet numbers then calvin :)....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I traded for Jackson, you get screwed over by Madden and you need to fall back to the run.

Of course, I fell behind so quickly in my last game that I couldn't run, but still :)

[quote name='staticz']Good luck LV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Staticz.

And I think you'll take down the Super Bowl BV. Espescially if BSeti can eliminate Doom, I don't think he's ready for the Pats.

[quote name='bvharris']No one ever picks me to win anything, big deal. ;)[/QUOTE]

u have the team ur there every yr u have trouble beating doom in the big game every time... if i was u id look at it on the brightside i love being the underdog cause all u will do is prove haters wrong eventually.... best feeling in the world :)

[quote name='sprice8688']u have the team ur there every yr u have trouble beating doom in the big game every time... if i was u id look at it on the brightside i love being the underdog cause all u will do is prove haters wrong eventually.... best feeling in the world :)[/QUOTE]

Oh, I wasn't asking for everyone to pick me. Just ribbing Doom for complaining about being disrespected (not that he was really complaining).

Doom is certainly my white whale. Not sure who I'd like to face in the divisional round.. I've handled MA pretty well the last few times, but he's never an easy opponent. Ramesu and I are about 50/50 in our games, so that's a toss-up. I beat BSETI and damailman the one time I played them in the league, but I'm not nearly as familiar with their games as I am with the other 3 guys who've been around longer.

[quote name='LVPatriots']
Espescially if BSeti can eliminate Doom.[/QUOTE]

This is the second time. I can't wait til we advance.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']This is the second time. I can't wait til we advance.[/QUOTE]

Well man. You should have enough motivation to do some damage! Make it happen...I'm looking for Cards vs Texans in the Super Bowl.

[quote name='staticz']Well man. You should have enough motivation to do some damage! Make it happen...I'm looking for Cards vs Texans in the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

did lv make the playoffs? also rames dont shy away from ur gameplan.. any game ive really wanted to bust someones ass to prove a point ive lost tryin to create to many big plays

[quote name='bvharris']I broke it down at the top of this page. Cowboys would win based on common games.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I read it, was just wondering exactly what it came down to, thanks.

Also, Giants-Redskins should go down at 5 CST today.

[quote name='sprice8688']did lv make the playoffs? also rames dont shy away from ur gameplan.. any game ive really wanted to bust someones ass to prove a point ive lost tryin to create to many big plays[/QUOTE]

The disrespect produces an increase level of focus, I'm not gonna try to win by 40. But I will be paying very close attention to every detail in the game and hell-bent on making good decisions...hopefully that'll put me over the top. I'm pretty tough to beat when I don't make mental errors.

[quote name='Blade3D']Ok, I read it, was just wondering exactly what it came down to, thanks.
[/QUOTE]

That's what it should come down to, but Madden may well screw the pooch. Win your game though and the whole thing's moot.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']The disrespect produces an increase level of focus[/QUOTE]

Would an overwhelming outpouring of respect produce the opposite effect? ;)

[quote name='bvharris']
Would an overwhelming outpouring of respect produce the opposite effect? ;)[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, there's a baseline of focus which I could never go below without being distracted in my apt. by something, lmao.

Then there's the intense focus where the only thing that matters, in that 45 min to 1 hour plus, is winning a Madden game!

The latter is where where I will be when I play Seti.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']
The latter is where where I will be when I play Seti.[/QUOTE]

Should be a good game. The AFC playoffs are stacked this year, no easy games to be found (as it should be).

[quote name='sprice8688']did lv make the playoffs? [/QUOTE]

In my dreams, N8 has to beat Tanabeo, and I have to beat the Saints. Being this close will hopefully be motivating to not lose any stupid games next season. I know N8 can beat Tanabeo, I just hope he does too.

Looking at this seasons schedule, I won't be too upset with 9-7 and no playoffs. It really was a brutal schedule.

[quote name='LVPatriots']In my dreams, N8 has to beat Tanabeo, and I have to beat the Saints. Being this close will hopefully be motivating to not lose any stupid games next season. I know N8 can beat Tanabeo, I just hope he does too.

Looking at this seasons schedule, I won't be too upset with 9-7 and no playoffs. It really was a brutal schedule.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to beat the Saints. Gotta hope n8 isn't tanking :)

[quote name='staticz']You should be able to beat the Saints. Gotta hope n8 isn't tanking :)[/QUOTE]

They are division rivals in the JV league so I am hoping that will carry over into N8 wanting to kick his ass in this game.

from 2 years in a row at the number 1 pick to number 9 im looking to get some awards this year maybe most improved not much improved but improved.

awards im hoping to win

WR of the year brandon marshall
punter of the year - dont remember his name but he has a boot
DPOY- Tiras Israel with 54 tackles 2 sacks 9 INTs 4 forced fumbles
most improved owner

i didnt get any awards last year so im hoping i get some good ones this year

[quote name='staticz']I have the titans first and third...[/QUOTE]

Derp. Not sure how I looked right past that trade.

And that's why I post this a week in advance. :D

I haven't been in touch with him yet, but I'm guessing my game with Tanabeo will have to be Friday night. His work hours are pretty terrible, leaving only "really early" or "really late". Tanabeo, if you're reading this, I can play Friday night after you get out of work. We can shoot for 11:15 PM CST if that's still good for you.

As for tanking, we'll see which Jets team shows up, and I'll go from there.

[quote name='staticz']Anyone know if I will be able to watch the draft on my 360?[/QUOTE]

The NFL draft? I guess maybe the ESPN service might stream it, I'm not sure since I've never used it.

bread's done
Back