Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

Yeah true I understand but he's getting 1 starter an 83 for a 92 starter. Connolly will never see the field and price is a number 4 maybe number 3 receiver. I just don't see it at all. Moore looks nice but that LT at 23 yrs already a 92 is by far worth way more than one 83 starter and some bench players.

[quote name='Reds711']Yeah true I understand but he's getting 1 starter an 83 for a 92 starter. Connolly will never see the field and price is a number 4 maybe number 3 receiver. I just don't see it at all. Moore looks nice but that LT at 23 yrs already a 92 is by far worth way more than one 83 starter and some bench players.[/QUOTE]

Assuming the positions (LT and SS) are of equal important to Superstar, there's a 9 point gap between the two starters. You don't think two role players cover that difference? What would? Or do you feel a trade package is only as good as the best guy in it?

I do understand where you're coming from in looking at it that way, but trades of this sort (3-for-1s, 4-for-1s, etc) haven't been uncommon at all in this league.

[quote name='bvharris']Assuming the positions (LT and SS) are of equal important to Superstar, there's a 9 point gap between the two starters. You don't think two role players cover that difference? What would? Or do you feel a trade package is only as good as the best guy in it?

I do understand where you're coming from in looking at it that way, but trades of this sort (3-for-1s, 4-for-1s, etc) haven't been uncommon at all in this league.[/QUOTE]

Yea I understand. Just giving my opinion. I think moore with 2 players who are 70 or above would do it for me. Not a 67. No one else has said anything about it though. The league should vote on it then. Or at least a few more ppl should say something before you make the trade.

[quote name='Reds711']Or at least a few more ppl should say something before you make the trade.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any control over passing my own trades. That would be a shocking abuse of authority, lol.

[quote name='Reds711']I know im new but I dont like this trade. a 92 LT A pot at 23 for really only the FS. The other 2 players are garbage to me and doesnt look like an even trade at all. Maybe its just me...[/QUOTE]

And the FS is two years older. The LT has potential to be a 99 very soon and 9 points rating overall between the two is a huge difference if you ask me. I don't like it either, but it's their decision, not ours.

[quote name='dptang0']The LT has potential to be a 99 very soon[/QUOTE]

Not really. His blocking ratings are already pretty much maxed out, which is where o-line progression comes from. People made the same case when I acquired that young RG from the Rams last year, and he actually went down a point. Even if we played another season, it's very likely that he is what he is.

Besides, this is likely to be our last season, so ages and potentials are not really a factor as they might have been in season 2 or 3.

I hate to say that I refuse to play someone but I am not playing dptang0 anymore. He was constantly running with 4 or 5 wide with Drew Brees up the middle in the first half. Then constantly messages me about how he could beat me in a rematch, and that game was a fluke cause of his 6 turnovers. It's not my fault he was throwing picks and fumbling with Brees. You can sim the game or he can find a sub for me but I will no longer participate in a game with him.

no i wasn't...i did gameplan the whole first half. you are just over exaggerating to get me kicked out. and the game wasn't a fluke because of the 6 turnovers, but whatever man make up whatever you want i don't even care there's no point in fighting it

LOL...are you freaking serious? This HAS to be the last straw with him. Regardless of what you want to say about playstyle (though going 5 wide to run with Brees is about as asinine a play as I can think of), but sending those kind of messages is ridiculous. Assuming all of this is true (and what reason would Blade have to make it up?), Can we just ban him from both leagues AND CAG all at the same time? How old is this guy? 11?

[quote name='Blade3D']I hate to say that I refuse to play someone but I am not playing dptang0 anymore. He was constantly running with 4 or 5 wide with Drew Brees up the middle in the first half. Then constantly messages me about how he could beat me in a rematch, and that game was a fluke cause of his 6 turnovers. It's not my fault he was throwing picks and fumbling with Brees. You can sim the game or he can find a sub for me but I will no longer participate in a game with him.[/QUOTE]

Blade, if you still have the messages (I'm assuming text), take a picture and post it. This shit is ridiculous.

Lol you message me calling me a coward cause I wouldn't rematch you. It was more your attitude then your gameplay that time. I still think your play calling was questionable. As I said I no longer will participate in a game with you, if other people want to put up with you that's fine with me.

I took some pics of the messages if needed.

i told him myself i would beat him in a rematch because i can, and he is a coward not to play me again if he has to take advantage of plays i can't control. he doesn't need pictures because i can admit it. they are over xboxlive it'd be hard to take a pic anyway. saying things to him aren't bad as long as i am playing the game correctly which i did by airing it out while i was losing and gameplanning throughout the first half while i was close.

[quote name='dptang0']i told him myself i would beat him in a rematch because i can, and he is a coward not to play me again if he has to take advantage of plays i can't control. he doesn't need pictures because i can admit it. they are over xboxlive it'd be hard to take a pic anyway. saying things to him aren't bad as long as i am playing the game correctly which i did by airing it out while i was losing and gameplanning throughout the first half while i was close.[/QUOTE]

I am done with you and this conversation. I'll let the league deal with you.

[quote name='Blade3D']I took some pics of the messages if needed.[/QUOTE]

Upload them and post them, man. Lay all the cards on the table, and let's get this dptang0 shit resolved once and for all. If what you're saying is true, I think we should get a package deal on booting him from both leagues and CAG all in one fell swoop, lol. I don't get why the game wasn't completed though. I'm assuming it dropped? What was the score when it happened? I just can't comprehend what reason you'd have to make up things about the game, as he claims you're doing.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Upload them and post them, man. Lay all the cards on the table, and let's get this dptang0 shit resolved once and for all. If what you're saying is true, I think we should get a package deal on booting him from both leagues and CAG all in one fell swoop, lol. I don't get why the game wasn't completed though. I'm assuming it dropped? What was the score when it happened? I just can't comprehend what reason you'd have to make up things about the game.[/QUOTE]

No the game finished, I won 58-14 or something around that. He was asking for a rematch throughout the game and after it was over.

Wow...ok, well then I'd say those messages are even MORE uncalled for, haha. Take a beating...and then talk shit. Makes sense. Where the hell is BV? I have no authority here, lol...but I want to see how this plays out. "Just wait till Dad gets home!!!"

well i'm probably kicked there's really no other way it will play out. and i wasn't "taking a beating" until i started throwing too much and throwing ints

[quote name='dptang0']well i'm probably kicked there's really no other way it will play out.[/QUOTE]

Why should it play out any other way? You've shown repeatedly you don't belong in this league. Against my better judgment I gave you another chance at coming back, and clearly that was a mistake. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you couldn't even last one game without this shit coming up again.

For the record, even if you'd played the game like a paragon of Madden we still would have booted you because apparently you think it's acceptable to send harassing messages to your opponent during the game calling them a coward.

You're done, obviously.

[quote name='dptang0']well i'm probably kicked there's really no other way it will play out. and i wasn't "taking a beating" until i started throwing too much and throwing ints[/QUOTE]

So, why not just take your loss and move on then? Why send messages talking shit after the game is over? Why is that necessary?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Where the hell is BV?[/QUOTE]

I was in bed. I'm glad I've cultivated a reputation of omnipresence though. :D

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So, why not just take your loss and move on then? Why send messages talking shit after the game is over? Why is that necessary?[/QUOTE]

A madden masochist. Never knew they existed.

Glad to see season 5 is running smoothly.

[quote name='bvharris']I was in bed. I'm glad I've cultivated a reputation of omnipresence though. :D[/QUOTE]

lol...I only said that because I was starting to get the feeling that I was "handling it", and it totally wasn't my place. I was just too intrigued by the concept of losing 58-14 and calling the person beating you a coward for not wanting to play you again. It was like staring into the sun. :lol:

[quote name='Superstar'] Trade Alert

Patriots Send

FS Rahim Moore (83 OVR, 25, A Pot)
WR Taylor Price (72 OVR, 27, B Pot)
RG Dan Connolly (68 OVR, 32, C Pot)

Cowboys Send

LT Yvon Willis (92 OVR, 23, A Pot)[/QUOTE]

im not a fan of this either... i think 2 80 some overalls could equal out but price is a 72 for a reason... i just cant see price and connelly making this fair.. unless superstar has a couple left tackles and willis dont matter... id like to see th cowboys get better guys with moore

hey bv i talked to my brother he said hed go buy the game today and join the league and he wants the eagles.. how sure are u that were gonna do the lottery draft next yr cause thats his team and since they dont have a vet he could keep them? id like to get him in but he doesnt want to buy it and get stuck with a shitty team causr he isnt that good

[quote name='sprice8688']unless superstar has a couple left tackles and willis dont matter... [/QUOTE]

He does, actually. He's got Doug Free who's also a 92 overall. He's also got Tyvon Smith at RT who's 90+ as well. Of course, he could always move one of them to guard (that's what I plan to do after all), but to your point he does have multiple LTs.

I can't speak for Superstar's rationale for the trade, but since he runs one of the most pass-heavy offenses in the league I'm guessing interior offensive line play doesn't mean as much to him.

[quote name='sprice8688']how sure are u that were gonna do the lottery draft next yr cause thats his team and since they dont have a vet he could keep them? id like to get him in but he doesnt want to buy it and get stuck with a shitty team causr he isnt that good[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure. The Eagles do have a vet, PacerPerspect will be back and will almost certainly want the Eagles. That pretty much leads to the exact reason we're leaning towards doing this: There are too many teams which multiple people consider to be their team, you know? The dibs system worked when we had fewer veteran players than we have now. As it stands, it's very likely that we won't have any new players in the league at M13 launch, that's how many vets we have.

yea i understand.... my idea for u guys is try keeping ur system u have been using... if a player leaves for any reason then they give there team up with the knowledge that they unless there team becomes available again the dont get them back.... or do wat cru did with duece have someone temp sub untill ur back... we have a real good group now that sucks will lose some due to bigat who quit season 2. the steelers owner i think we lost around season 2 or 3... gbpackers left season 3 i think right? even uber he left last season his jets... if you or i left for any reason we go back on the waiting list and take first team available and thats it... of course ur a commish so obviously u need to be in it but u know wat i mean... just a thought but i love the league so id play witb anyteam

[quote name='Yanksrule123']Bad trade[/QUOTE]

Give some reasoning behind it. Doesn't really help to say "bad trade" and not elaborate. For the record, I think it's a perfectly fine trade. Moore is better than 83 OVR. We all know FS progression is screwy, but he's got good numbers beyond the overall ones.

patriots are def getting a steal here... but as bv said he has 2 more tackles so if those guys fit his needs better then a backup lt does... i wont fight it... just think superstar is jumping the gun cause im sure he could get much better talent for that left tackle

[quote name='sprice8688']my idea for u guys is try keeping ur system u have been using... if a player leaves for any reason then they give there team up with the knowledge that they unless there team becomes available again the dont get them back.... [/QUOTE]

That's not the system we've been using though. Guys who leave after a couple seasons have always had their spots the next year.

We're not going to say that only people who were in it at the end can play. There's no reason someone who played just season 4-5 is more qualified than someone who just played 1-2, right? They played two seasons either way.

Under the tentative plan I have right now there would be about 20 people with guaranteed spots, with the other 12 up for grabs.

I think we can all agree there's no way to do it which won't leave at least some people left out and ticked off, so the best we can do is to make it fair.

[quote name='KasterDB']Give some reasoning behind it. Doesn't really help to say "bad trade" and not elaborate. For the record, I think it's a perfectly fine trade. Moore is better than 83 OVR. We all know FS progression is screwy, but he's got good numbers beyond the overall ones.[/QUOTE]

People usually don't bother to look at the individual players involved in a trade beyond their overall and potential.

As you point out, everyone knows FS progression is screwed up. Moore has a 95 zone rating and an 84 catch, is still young and has no real injury concerns. The only knock on him would be that his speed is only 79, so he probably wouldn't be a favorite of someone who users their safeties, but he's a great cover safety in the right system.

Yeah, I think that's why people always seem to have an issue with BV's trades. He's almost ALWAYS able to get big time players by trading multiple "serviceable" pieces. I'll acknowledge that Moore is good. But if it's a FS that Superstar needs, like sprice said, I think he could pull somebody even better for a 92 LT. I don't know...maybe people don't value offensive linemen as much.

And as mentioned, the RG is basically nothing to the deal (Superstar only has one RG...but has 3 LG's...2 of which are rated higher than Connolly) . And in all honesty, Price is probably even more worthless in this deal. These are the receivers Superstar already has (according to XFN):

Bryant - 95 OVR
Miles - 89 OVR
Harris - 82 OVR
Haynes - 82 OVR
Ogletree - 72 OVR

So, we're talking Price will be a #5 receiver AT BEST! Why does he even want another receiver...as that is clearly not a position of need. One thing I think we need to consider is who came up with this deal? If these are players that Superstar asked for, then we should probably be more open minded (though, it's still a total head scratcher). I'm not against the "trade 3 decent players for 1 great player" model. But in my opinion, this is a piss poor package of players to acquire based on his areas of need.

And to be completely honest, while Superstar is weak at FS (Sensabaugh is his highest rated, at a 71). He's got 3 SS, rated 80, 78, and 73. I haven't looked at their stats closely, but I'd wonder how one of those guys would play at FS. That's not to say it would be a solution...but it could make Moore only a marginal upgrade. Not that upgrading wouldn't be worth doing...but it might speak to the point of trying to pull an even better FS for what Willis could bring in.

I don't know. We can't tell people how to run their teams. To me, the trade doesn't make sense at all. But the league's only real concern should be is it fair? If somebody wants to acquire 10 WR's, should we stop them? As long as BV is giving up enough talent for the player he's getting, it probably shouldn't matter whether those players make an impact on their new team (though it drives me nuts that BV is always able to find the right people to swindle, lol...I'm going to start calling him BVstiltskin, hahaha). Would I like everybody to be more savvy with their trades? Of course. But we shouldn't dictate how they run their team either.

New england needs to send more, the trade is jut not even in my eyes, new endland shud be sending at least another 80 player. The deal is essentially rahim moore for willis...I know moore is pretty good, but he ain't that good.

I feel like bv is just tryin bot to send a 90 to save his core players.. Just weird how all these trades work for him and ge has the most 90s on his team in the league and half came threw trades

[quote name='bvharris']Under the tentative plan I have right now there would be about 20 people with guaranteed spots, with the other 12 up for grabs.[/QUOTE]

I doubt I'm one of these twenty, but in case I am, I got accepted to a big boy college, and assuming I get this thing squared away (there were some complications) I will be there in the fall and I won't be taking my Xbox. I'm in for the rest of Madden 12 though. Do not mourn me, my friends. No more community college/crap ass Walmart job for me. Yippee!

[quote name='Yanksrule123'] Just weird how all these trades work for him and ge has the most 90s on his team in the league and half came threw trades[/QUOTE]

The trade can be discussed rationally without making these kinds of insinuations.

I understand people get frustrated when I'm able to make these deals, and I don't take it personally when people don't like them. No purpose is served by tossing around implications that they're in bad faith though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']One thing I think we need to consider is who came up with this deal? If these are players that Superstar asked for, then we should probably be more open minded (though, it's still a total head scratcher). [/QUOTE]

These are the exact three players he asked for (the only other name he mentioned was Julius Thomas, which was a non-starter for me). I asked him who he wanted in addition to Moore, I didn't suggest any names at all. He can confirm that for you.

[quote name='KasterDB']I doubt I'm one of these twenty, but in case I am, I got accepted to a big boy college[/QUOTE]

Congrats, dude! :D

Whereabouts?

[quote name='bvharris']These are the exact three players he asked for (the only other name he mentioned was Julius Thomas, which was a non-starter for me). I asked him who he wanted in addition to Moore, I didn't suggest any names at all. He can confirm that for you.[/QUOTE]

this sounds like thr deal where i asked the vikings for there backup qb whose an 86 ovr and he said he wanted a 3rd rd pick... i wasnt gonna argue with him u all rejected it tho.... i think u know its lopsided but since its what he asked for ur okay with it just like i was with the qb trade so i dont blame u at all... but i think u should try to even it up for him.... every guy ur giving up is a backup to ur squad and ur gettin an upgrade giving u another 90 plus player at posistion of need... id like to see superstar get a better player with moore

[quote name='KasterDB']I doubt I'm one of these twenty, but in case I am, I got accepted to a big boy college, and assuming I get this thing squared away (there were some complications) I will be there in the fall and I won't be taking my Xbox. I'm in for the rest of Madden 12 though. Do not mourn me, my friends. No more community college/crap ass Walmart job for me. Yippee![/QUOTE]

Great job man. Take my advice, bring your Xbox...I spent my first few semesters just focusing on school and when I finally relaxed a bit, my grades went up.

[quote name='sprice8688']i think u know its lopsided but since its what he asked for ur okay with it [/QUOTE]

I don't think it is actually, but obviously that's just my opinion. I'm fine with the fact that I'm in the minority on that - my view isn't always going to be shared by everyone. There's always been a difference in philosophy with regards to these 3-for-1 or 4-for-1 deals, and I accept that.

Obviously the majority of people don't think it's a fair trade as presently constituted, I have no issue with that. Of course the trade isn't going to go through as presently constituted, I'm working on a couple different versions right now.

I would just like to hear Superstar explain WHY he wants those specific players. Moore is obvious...he would start him. Connolly, would only play if 2 other guards got hurt (and seriously...when was the last time an offensive lineman got injured in this game?) But Price really puzzles me. He's got 4 receivers 80+...and he wants another receiver? Just doesn't make sense.

[quote name='bvharris']The trade can be discussed rationally without making these kinds of insinuations.

I understand people get frustrated when I'm able to make these deals, and I don't take it personally when people don't like them. No purpose is served by tossing around implications that they're in bad faith though.[/QUOTE]

And as long as we're making accusations, I'm going to propose that you're offering people nude pictures of Betty White to convince them to make bad trades. That's just the only rational explanation. :lol:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I would just like to hear Superstar explain WHY he wants those specific players. [/QUOTE]

I don't think it matters at this point. If the consensus is that the deal's no good, than it's off the table and we'll either submit a new version or not.

Calling Superstar to the principal's office to explain why he wants to run his team the way he does doesn't really serve any purpose.

bread's done
Back