Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Good stuff![/QUOTE]

Agreed, but that's not important right now. What's important is what I want:

1. Fixing the overused A button. We need dedicated run/cover buttons.
2. Controllable female characters for those of us with boob-equipped battle buddies.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm a little surprised they aren't allowing 4-player co-op this time around.[/quote]

May I ask where you are getting this info from? I must've missed that piece of news, can you fill me in? I guess you are inferring that from when they said once can play casual while another plays on hardcore?

[quote name='help1']May I ask where you are getting this info from? I must've missed that piece of news, can you fill me in? I guess you are inferring that from when they said once can play casual while another plays on hardcore?[/QUOTE]

Just the above posted notes released by Game Informer. They talk a ton about two player co-op. They don't specifically say it will support 4-player co-op, but the way things are worded, and the fact they didn't brag about it, is a pretty good sign they don't.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Just the above posted notes released by Game Informer. They talk a ton about two player co-op. They don't specifically say it will support 4-player co-op, but the way things are worded, and the fact they didn't brag about it, is a pretty good sign they don't.[/quote]

Bungie denied that H3 had 4-player co-op up until a few weeks before release, even when every rumor pointed towards it happening.

My guess is they just don't want the cat outta the bag.

[quote name='Trakan']Bungie denied that H3 had 4-player co-op up until a few weeks before release, even when every rumor pointed towards it happening.

My guess is they just don't want the cat outta the bag.[/quote]

I Think they are doing exactly what Bungie in that it isn't performing as it should, and they don't want to release/promise to make something that is broken. There is still a ton of development time on this title.

[quote name='NTolerance']Agreed, but that's not important right now. What's important is what I want:

1. Fixing the overused A button. We need dedicated run/cover buttons.
2. Controllable female characters for those of us with boob-equipped battle buddies.[/QUOTE]

What you want is terrible. The A button works exactly as it should. Switching things up would only ruin the flow of the game.

I really hope they include more than Gridlock as a redone map.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']What you want is terrible. The A button works exactly as it should. Switching things up would only ruin the flow of the game.

I really hope they include more than Gridlock as a redone map.[/quote]

Believe it or not, I really didn't like a lot of the maps in Gears 1. Some maps were way to cramped, even for a cover oriented game. Others just had bad positioned cover spots.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']What you want is terrible. The A button works exactly as it should. Switching things up would only ruin the flow of the game.

I really hope they include more than Gridlock as a redone map.[/QUOTE]

It's turrble, just turrble.

I'm not the only one considering I've seen reviews which have said the same thing. It's easy to get caught on cover accidentally as you're running. The ideal solution would be fully customizable controls.

Have you thought about how bad that would be? The controls work because they are simple. Adding another button for shifting from cover to running is going to be a pain in the ass and require a completely new control scheme.

Also it isn't hard to not stick to cover. Before the final update it was a bitch, but they pretty much fixed it so it doesn't happen all that much.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Have you thought about how bad that would be? The controls work because they are simple. Adding another button for shifting from cover to running is going to be a pain in the ass and require a completely new control scheme.

Also it isn't hard to not stick to cover. Before the final update it was a bitch, but they pretty much fixed it so it doesn't happen all that much.[/quote]
I agree Casey. I love being able to perform such complex (and fucking cool looking moves) with only one button. This isn't Street Fighter, I don't need to be memorizing crap!

I also hope the remake some maps:
Gridlock
Raven Down
Canals

Maybe more, but anything besides Mausoleum.

[quote name='help1']

I also hope the remake some maps:
Gridlock
Raven Down
Canals

Maybe more, but anything besides Mausoleum.[/QUOTE]

What would be the point in remaking the maps with the same engine? They would look the same. Unless you think destructible environmentals are reason enough.

[quote name='thrustbucket']What would be the point in remaking the maps with the same engine? They would look the same. Unless you think destructible environmentals are reason enough.[/quote]

Because they're fun to play? Because there will be new guns/gameplay?

Almost every Gears 1 map was a classic. Every sequel should include past maps.

[quote name='thrustbucket']What would be the point in remaking the maps with the same engine? They would look the same. Unless you think destructible environmentals are reason enough.[/quote]

Next time you are in gamestop thumb through the new issue. The new Gridlock is fucking mindblowing. It is amazing how much better it looks. The game almost looks as good as the concept art.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Next time you are in gamestop thumb through the new issue. The new Gridlock is fucking mindblowing. It is amazing how much better it looks. The game almost looks as good as the concept art.[/quote]

Game Informer has in game pics of the new gridlock?

They have a comparison shot of the old and the new. There is a lot more detail on the new stage and the setting is now dusk. The cars are covered in moss and in general everything just looks a shit ton better.

[quote name='help1']I found this guy's photobucket off gamefaqs, and he has scans of the article (and some weird pictures...)

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/slyprince/

Gridlock seems to have become overgrown, how many years in the future is the sequel?!?

The lighting on the new Gridlock looks beautiful.[/quote]

Wow, some great stuff. Thanks for the post help1!

You might want to add the info/pics on the first post.

I found a more clear picture:

7half.jpg

The new gridlock definitely looks better [than the old one], but it's mostly the lighting that's different (unless you count added moss/trees as a difference). I would prefer them to actually change something on the map instead of just replacing some textures.

GameVideos? Really Epic/Microsoft? GameVideos? Really? Like 10 people will be able to watch it at any given time.

Oh well. Watched it already. *insert silly Korean smiley here*

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Soooo....yeah....it's 11 o'clock.....waerz the damn trailer?[/quote]

I think it comes up at 1:30 AM EST.

From what I have heard it is only a 2 minute trailer.... sort of lame imo, but I am not sure what I expected anyway.

I loved the chainsaw battles. Plus, the epic scale was very impressive. I forgot how much I loved the audio/music during the campaign in that game.

bread's done
Back