Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
STALKER Bundle (All three, not all time low, but they don't go on sale like they used to) for $10.00:

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-STALKER-BUNDLE/stalker-collection
Not sure if it's region-locked to UK, but STALKER Bundle's cheaper on Gamersgate UK:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/264415-gamersgate-deals-all-about-gamersgate-sale/?p=13824587

Gamersgate UK Site Deals:

STALKER Collection [Steam] - 75% off at 5.25 pounds (around $6.80 USD)

Includes STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat.

I don't know if STALKER Collection is region-locked to UK or not.

Unreal Deal Pack [Steam] - 91% off at 2.16 pounds (around $2.80 USD)

Includes Unreal: Gold, Unreal 2, UT: GOTY, UT 2004: Editor's Choice Edition, UT3: Black Edition.

Foxhack claims Unreal Deal Pack is not region-locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I'm sure I enjoyed the trailer more than I would enjoy the game.

2. Doesn't include Muhammad so....weaksauce...

UbZAL83.jpg

Finally sold my twitch prime crate, after steam took their cut I got like $43 or so which is a little over double what I paid for the game. Pubg is the gift that keeps on giving.

Finally sold my twitch prime crate, after steam took their cut I got like $43 or so which is a little over double what I paid for the game. Pubg is the gift that keeps on giving.
I accidentally opened my create because their UI sucks. Can I just sell the pieces for that much?

Mirage: Arcane Warfare (same devs as Chivalry) will be free for tomorrow only. Enjoy the bro night :)

http://www.pcgamer.com/mirage-arcane-warfare-is-going-free-for-a-day-and-you-get-to-keep-it/
Poor devs.

I LOVED Chivalry but found Mirage to be pretty weak. The magic and special abilities really took away from the purity of Chiv's weapons-only combat, and it felt less polished and balanced overall. Seems like they were trying to ride the hero shooter/MOBA-fication trend, to no avail.

"We are proud to announce that Pinball FX3 along with the brand new Universal Classics™ Pinball will be coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam on September 26! Import your pinball collection over FREE OF CHARGE and try out the new Challenge modes and Multiplayer features! Join the biggest, most community-driven pinball experience ever!"

Don’t forget to wishlist us on Steam to get notified of the release on September 26!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/442120/Pinball_FX3/

Am I missing something here?

I reserved a copy of COD:Ghosts at Gamestop since it was on sale for about tree fiddy, which is probably what an old COD game is worth nowadays. Anyway, I went to pick it up yesterday. The clerk pulls out a copy that's clearly unsealed. I point this out, and she tells me that "I can re-wrap it for you if you like". WTF??? I grab the game, open the case, and of course, it's just a couple of discs with no CD key. I tell the clerk that since there's no CD key it's useless. She looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me she's never heard of a CD key before. I try to explain to her that all PC games have CD keys, and the game is unplayable without it, but she isn't having it. Finally the other guy working there walks up and is like "oh yeah it looks like these are supposed to have activation keys". No shit??? Obviously I walked out of there without paying 3 bucks for some useless pieces of plastic.

So anyone else who ordered the $3 COD:Ghosts off Gamestop... I hope you guys don't get opened boxes with no CD keys.

I reserved a copy of COD:Ghosts at Gamestop since it was on sale for about tree fiddy, which is probably what an old COD game is worth nowadays. Anyway, I went to pick it up yesterday. The clerk pulls out a copy that's clearly unsealed. I point this out, and she tells me that "I can re-wrap it for you if you like". WTF??? I grab the game, open the case, and of course, it's just a couple of discs with no CD key. I tell the clerk that since there's no CD key it's useless. She looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me she's never heard of a CD key before. I try to explain to her that all PC games have CD keys, and the game is unplayable without it, but she isn't having it. Finally the other guy working there walks up and is like "oh yeah it looks like these are supposed to have activation keys". No shit??? Obviously I walked out of there without paying 3 bucks for some useless pieces of plastic.

So anyone else who ordered the $3 COD:Ghosts off Gamestop... I hope you guys don't get opened boxes with no CD keys.
Welcome to GameStop

Welcome 2 GameStop, where the employees gut PC games and take their contents to resell on sites like this.

"We are proud to announce that Pinball FX3 along with the brand new Universal Classics™ Pinball will be coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam on September 26! Import your pinball collection over FREE OF CHARGE and try out the new Challenge modes and Multiplayer features! Join the biggest, most community-driven pinball experience ever!"

Don’t forget to wishlist us on Steam to get notified of the release on September 26!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/442120/Pinball_FX3/
Looks like one of the first new tables for it is Jaws. The trailet for it has a Universal Pinball info screen on it so I wouldn't be surprised if we see more tables based upon their IPs.

I'll go ahead and call Universal Monsters bundle being released on or before halloween.

Jaws Trailer
https://youtu.be/DTyTnejp758

ET Trailer
https://youtu.be/jH3jwGhYnho

Looks like one of the first new tables for it is Jaws. The trailet for it has a Universal Pinball info screen on it so I wouldn't be surprised if we see more tables based upon their IPs.

I'll go ahead and call Universal Monsters bundle being released on or before halloween.
As much as I'd prefer to get more original tables like in the early days of fx, at this point I'll take anything over more star wars and marvel. It's probably optimistic to think that fx3 will be much different from 2 in that regard.

Welcome to GameStop
Yep. Never had that issue myself, but heard of it enough to know it's pretty common. The last PC game I bought from GS in years was Ass Creed Unity and that was sealed. Same with the Defiance Collector's Edition I got a few years back.

Yep. Never had that issue myself, but heard of it enough to know it's pretty common. The last PC game I bought from GS in years was Ass Creed Unity and that was sealed. Same with the Defiance Collector's Edition I got a few years back.
I had a weird run in at a gs a week or so ago when I bought Mario + Rabbids. I'm used to employees trying to bullshit me in one way or another, but this guy flipped it around on himself. He noticed I had a pre-order in place for the game at another store (from tradein shenanigans most likely) and actually tried to deny me a sale at his store so that I would go pick that copy up at the other store.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

He even tried to deny me a sale on Yakuza Kiwableh, claiming exorbitant pre-order numbers took all their free copies, but that was to try and trick me into pre-ordering crap. Wata goofball.

Every time I tell myself I'm never going into a gamestop again, some jackass on cag discovers some new way to trade in my old console trash for all the credits.

I had mine shipped and I got all my games yesterday. Axiom Verge was sealed so obviously no issues there, but Song of the Deep and BF4 activated fine as well. Watch Dogs is sealed and COD Ghosts was opened, but it does have the CD key in it. If you're disappointed about not getting the game, I'll sell you my copy since it was more of an impulse purchase anyways.

Honestly I've never had a problem ordering online from Gamestop. It just figures that one of the few times I go into the store, this happens.

On an added note, experiences like these make me have no sympathy for B&M stores who are closing down due to the popularity of online shopping. If I just wanted to buy something, I'd do it online where it's cheaper and more convenient. If you want me to come into your physical store to buy something, you better offer some service that makes up for the increased cost and lack of convenience.

On an added note, experiences like these make me have no sympathy for B&M stores who are closing down due to the popularity of online shopping.
Gamestop is the only place I know of that has this dumb shit gutting policy so I don't hold it against other stores. But any place that runs shop like Gamestop deserves to go out of business.

Always ask for a sealed copy at *that* place. I've had enough issues in the past w/ missing CD's, missing manuals, missing pamphlets w/ game keys, etc etc.

EDIT:

Oh, evidently I should've checked my Origins account before ordering it. I already own DA:I GOTY lol
Hmmmm; maybe you bought DAI GOTY when it was around $7 on Game UK for an Origin key before....?

EDIT 2:

Got Dragon Age and Watch Dogs today. Watch Dogs had a key, but DA:I did not =(
From an online order? Or from an actual B&M store?

Oh, evidently I should've checked my Origins account before ordering it. I already own DA:I GOTY lol
Protip: Onine orders can be returned to any Gamestop store. The trick is to actually give enough of a shit to walk into one.

Protip: Onine orders can be returned to any Gamestop store. The trick is to actually give enough of a shit to walk into one.
Hmmmm, problem is if they'll actually have a copy of that lingering.

Also, if not - the real pressing matter is this: will they refund a whole dollar?

Always ask for a sealed copy at *that* place. I've had enough issues in the past w/ missing CD's, missing manuals, missing pamphlets w/ game keys, etc etc.

EDIT:

Hmmmm; maybe you bought DAI GOTY when it was around $7 on Game UK for an Origin key before....?

EDIT 2:

Hehe yeah, it was from Game UK. DA:I was from an online order from gamestop.

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

Hehe yeah, it was from Game UK. DA:I was from an online order from gamestop.

Yeah I know, but I hate going there. I'm just going to pretend there was a 97 cent shipping fee for Watch Dogs =0

Old bundle stuff:

RIVE - Wthree0F7-XVYNG-RBYTG

Monster Loves You - APVAsix-N2X5M-08N98

Space Run - A7YBtwo-2ITJ4-TZLLF

Morphblade - V96GF-FDKEW-ZHfourAK

Eon Altair ep. 1 - IXNEF-562CI-LYVCtwo

Galactic Civ II Ultimate - ZK3PT-L5RKK-TtwoZBC

The dev probably didn't want to get Charlie Hebdo'd.
I can't a support a dev who's not willing to risk his/her life for a cheap joke.

Last night we played Killing Floor 2. We had enough for two groups and I had the pleasure to host a group of three noobs (and I don't say that sarcastically). It was quite satisfying to hear all three exclaim how much they liked the game and how awesome it was. Even Weiler liked the game, which I don't think Weiler has liked a game since BF1 and that was released back in the 1920s. We went for almost three hours and finally beat the boss when Syntax and Goose were there to carry us. I leveled up my Survivalist perk and enjoyed the random weapon thing until I got the shovel. Damn shovel.

Tonight, Weiler will be hosting Jackbox Party Pack 3. You don't need to own the game to play, you just need a computer capable of watching a stream and having two browser windows open at the same time (or preferably, a smart phone you can use to play while you watch the stream on your computer).

Last night we played Killing Floor 2. We had enough for two groups and I had the pleasure to host a group of three noobs (and I don't say that sarcastically). It was quite satisfying to hear all three exclaim how much they liked the game and how awesome it was. Even Weiler liked the game, which I don't think Weiler has liked a game since BF1 and that was released back in the 1920s.
ROhFCve.png

Exciting news, WB has brought some new games to GOG, most notably The Suffering and The Suffering: Ties That Bind:

https://www.gog.com/

The Suffering is one of my favorite games and I still have my retail copies since it hadn't been available digitally before. Ties That Bind was a great sequel too.  If you haven't played the series, I highly recommend it.  Not sure how likely these are to end up on Steam.  I'll probably rebuy them on GOG eventually to replay them without needing the discs and all that mess. 

Exciting news, WB has brought some new games to GOG, most notably The Suffering and The Suffering: Ties That Bind:

The Suffering is one of my favorite games and I still have my retail copies since it hadn't been available digitally before. Ties That Bind was a great sequel too. If you haven't played the series, I highly recommend it. Not sure how likely these are to end up on Steam. I'll probably rebuy them on GOG eventually to replay them without needing the discs and all that mess.
I just saw the WB sale at GoG on the front page and saw Suffering's cover art.

I got to admit I'm shocked but happy to be so.

The Suffering is one of my favorite games and I still have my retail copies since it hadn't been available digitally before. Ties That Bind was a great sequel too. If you haven't played the series, I highly recommend it. Not sure how likely these are to end up on Steam. I'll probably rebuy them on GOG eventually to replay them without needing the discs and all that mess.
Why didn't you post a selfie with the game box?

Last night we played Killing Floor 2. We had enough for two groups
The game has a versus mode, it would have been a good idea to try it since there were enough people, its like the L4D2 versus but 6vs6.

I didn't play yesterday because I went to the movies, saw Baby Driver which is now my favorite movie of the year.

I can't a support a dev who's not willing to risk his/her life for a cheap joke.

Last night we played Killing Floor 2. We had enough for two groups and I had the pleasure to host a group of three noobs (and I don't say that sarcastically). It was quite satisfying to hear all three exclaim how much they liked the game and how awesome it was. Even Weiler liked the game, which I don't think Weiler has liked a game since BF1 and that was released back in the 1920s. We went for almost three hours and finally beat the boss when Syntax and Goose were there to carry us. I leveled up my Survivalist perk and enjoyed the random weapon thing until I got the shovel. Damn shovel.

Tonight, Weiler will be hosting Jackbox Party Pack 3. You don't need to own the game to play, you just need a computer capable of watching a stream and having two browser windows open at the same time (or preferably, a smart phone you can use to play while you watch the stream on your computer).
That damn shovel is what I used to kill that last mini boss when it was just you and me, I was out of ammo and like 20 health so you just pistoled him while I healed until you ran out of ammo. The shovel was out last great hope that round.

KF2 >> pubg

bread's done
Back