Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Destiny 2 is everything people wanted, including myself.

Cant wait for PC so I can drop this console turd.

Everyone should get it :D

Add me on Battle.net        

FissFiss#1743

Tomasety wanted me to let you guys know that Portal 2 apparently added the soundtrack for free to Steam in MP3 format for those who are into that kind of thing.  All he wants in return is for Foxhack to think of him when he faps to the free music. 

Tomasety wanted me to let you guys know that Portal 2 apparently added the soundtrack for free to Steam in MP3 format for those who are into that kind of thing. All he wants in return is for Foxhack to think of him when he faps to the free music.
2mhejac.png
250px-080Slowbro.png

I'm pretty sure that date represents when you bought the package the DLC/soundtrack was included in

In this case, the day you bought Portal 2

correct me if im wrong

Edit: Nevermind, I am wrong as the DLC isn't included in the package.
The soundtrack was added to the steam store as a free DLC on that date.

2vb8vma.png

I'm just the messenger. You have to take it up with Tomasety. Maybe something got lost in translation. Or maybe they added new songs today or something.

Destiny 2 is awesome so far.  The music and the art direction are better than in Destiny.  The core gameplay is very much in same vein as the original though.  The basic guns feel different from before, and very satisfying.  The bullet spreads and vertical / horizontal drifting feel different.  I'm really pissed about the shader changes.   Shaders were one of my favorite, integral components of gameplay that kept me coming back to Destiny, and hunting more. 

In about six weeks PC-only gamers are finally going to see what they've been missing out on this whole time.  Honestly I think I'll probably stick to console for competitive mp because PC shooters are always filled with cheaters and aimbots.  Can't wait to see the graphics and performance on PC though.  I'll be getting the PC version eventually, hopefully free with a graphics card purchase. 

The game feels very much like a continuation, or a natural progression, of the original.  But with a few quality of life and gameplay improvements.  The one thing I don't understand is people who hated Destiny before being like "oh the story makes sense now and the game is so much better".  Those same people will drop it in 2 weeks probably.   This game is definitely for people that loved the first one, and I don't buy those previous sentiments.  It's very similar to the feeling evoked from the high quality production values during The Taken King release. 

This game is going to be such a natural fit for the PC.  I can assure you that 75% of you that are interested are going to want to buy this day1, if that makes sense. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just the messenger. You have to take it up with Tomasety. Maybe something got lost in translation. Or maybe they added new songs today or something.
No they updated the game and in doing so made the Soundtrack download for everyone regardless of if they had the DLC installed or not.

Probably a glitch that will be fixed. I doubt they would force the soundtrack download as mandatory after already creating a DLC package for it.

Last edited:
No they updated the game and in doing so made the Soundtrack download for everyone regardless of if they had the DLC installed or not.
Probably a glitch that will be fixed. I doubt they would force the soundtrack download as mandatory after already creating a DLC package for it.
So they did give the soundtrack for free to everyone instead of making out optional. So I was right.

So they did give the soundtrack for free to everyone instead of making out optional. So I was right.
It's free either way. has been for 3 years. If you were unwilling to download it before why would you care now?

Did the one extra click deter you?

Last edited:
Destiny 2 is awesome so far. The music and the art direction are better than in Destiny. The core gameplay is very much in same vein as the original though. The basic guns feel different from before, and very satisfying. The bullet spreads and vertical / horizontal drifting feel different. I'm really pissed about the shader changes. Shaders were one of my favorite, integral components of gameplay that kept me coming back to Destiny, and hunting more.

In about six weeks PC-only gamers are finally going to see what they've been missing out on this whole time. Honestly I think I'll probably stick to console for competitive mp because PC shooters are always filled with cheaters and aimbots. Can't wait to see the graphics and performance on PC though. I'll be getting the PC version eventually, hopefully free with a graphics card purchase.

The game feels very much like a continuation, or a natural progression, of the original. But with a few quality of life and gameplay improvements. The one thing I don't understand is people who hated Destiny before being like "oh the story makes sense now and the game is so much better". Those same people will drop it in 2 weeks probably. This game is definitely for people that loved the first one, and I don't buy those previous sentiments. It's very similar to the feeling evoked from the high quality production values during The Taken King release.

This game is going to be such a natural fit for the PC. I can assure you that 75% of you that are interested are going to want to buy this day1, if that makes sense.
Thanks, snakeybro!

Destiny 2 is everything people wanted, including myself.

Cant wait for PC so I can drop this console turd.

Everyone should get it :D

Add me on Battle.net

FissFiss#1743
I dont get the hype? I played the beta, It was competent enough, but honestly is there anything special here? People are jacking off on this like they have never played a fps game before. Is it cross platform or something so PC can romp on some console pheasants? Otherwise, why would you fakey this and move it to the front of your backlog queue over the other 10 good fps game you probably already have.

I dont get the hype? I played the beta, It was competent enough, but honestly is there anything special here? People are jacking off on this like they have never played a fps game before. Is it cross platform or something so PC can romp on some console pheasants? Otherwise, why would you fakey this and move it to the front of your backlog queue over the other 10 good fps game you probably already have.
It's likely b/c of a bunch of things, for most people.

It's Bro-Game material; a lot of people love those around here. And obviously, it seems to be more than just CAG that wants this type of game.

Whether playing competitive or coop, the Beta was just a blast. I figured I'd sink most of my time in the Beta on the Co-Op, but I spent surprisingly also a good amount playing the competitive modes.

The PC Beta runs like a dream even on some aging hardware; this is one of the best technical PC ports I've ever seen. It should be easy for most to achieve 1080p60FPS at High settings. Hell, I was getting 1440p60FPS on High on my GTX 970. Not only does it run great, it also looks great - had AO and other higher end stuff cranked up on this game. Extremely well optimized; can certainly respect that, especially in this day and age.

Also, the non-competitive modes reminds of me of Diablo 3, but stuck in a FPS format - where it's all about looting & shooting, making it addictive as hell to play. The shooting mechanics just feel great and are extremely satisfying.

Thanks, snakeybro!
It's a progression based MMO-lite. You don't want to be left behind if you're going to be doing any sort of public group-finding.

Also, Xur sold the Gjallerhorn (best gun in the game bar-none) on the first week in D1. Many players never got one until one or two years later. It was gamebreaking. Certain gun vendors have weekly resetting loot schedules (the best one requires rare currency) with randomized equipment.

As been discussed many times in this thread before with previous games you don't want to miss the early wave of pre-patch gameplay, mysteries getting solved, and the raiding and competitive multiplayer scene. Invite requirements get snotty quickly and you don't want to get stuck far behind the leveling curve. Subpar players won't be able to beat the difficult endgame stuff.

Nevermind I'm an asshole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

Last edited:
Nevermind I'm an asshole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs
To be fair, I was just being an asshole right back. Reviewing my chat logs with Tomasety, he said he noticed they added some music to Portal 2 through an update and he thought they were adding new songs to the game, but then realized they just added the soundtrack.

So I guess they added the soundtrack today through a forced update even though it's been available for years as an optional free DLC. No clue if that was an error or not on their part.

New Chrono games are up.

Verdict Guilty is 2500.

Bardbarian is 3000.
Why is Verdict Guilty only 2500 coins, but There's Poop In My Soup is 3000 coins? The former sells for $2.99 on Steam, while the later only sells for $.99. Seems weird to me.

I remember seeing a video or two on Verdict Guilty. Looks silly, but free is free and I haven't use my coins on anything yet. LOL

It's a progression based MMO-lite. You don't want to be left behind if you're going to be doing any sort of public group-finding.

Also, Xur sold the Gjallerhorn (best gun in the game bar-none) on the first week in D1. Many players never got one until one or two years later. It was gamebreaking. Certain gun vendors have weekly resetting loot schedules (the best one requires rare currency) with randomized equipment.

As been discussed many times in this thread before with previous games you don't want to miss the early wave of pre-patch gameplay, mysteries getting solved, and the raiding and competitive multiplayer scene. Invite requirements get snotty quickly and you don't want to get stuck far behind the leveling curve. Subpar players won't be able to beat the difficult endgame stuff.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
But that's ok, please continue...

They added it optionally 3 years ago, they gave it to everyone through a non-optional update today. You just like to argue.
I'm mad that the MP3s are non-optional now. It infringes on my freedoms that I would have to download the soundtrack to play the game despite not being interested in the soundtrack itself.

I'm looking to start a class action lawsuit against Valve for this infringement. If you'd like to join in, visit http://www.frivo-law.org.

The gameplay/gunplay is some of the best in years...and it has raids and PVE and PVP (both amazing)

Though there is super grinding...

Gamersgate Deep Silver sale. Highlights:

Homefront: TR Expansion Pass - $4.03
Homefront: TR Freedom Fighter Ed. - $10
Metro Redux Bundle - $6.60
Mighty No. 9 - $4.60

https://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/id/4308/

Obviously, everything Deep Silver will be in a Humble eventually, but in case you want to play some stuff early.
Very true but if there is a game with season pass content that you want I still think the best bet is to buy the complete pack as those season passes rearly see bundles (anymore) or decent individual seals.

The gameplay/gunplay is some of the best in years...and it has raids and PVE and PVP (both amazing)

Though there is super grinding...
Man, I don't get it. I played a little of console D1 and played the beta of PC D2 and the game felt like total ass to me. All the enemies are like paper and there's no feedback to anything you do in the game. The game feels so floaty. Best in years? Bungie fps's aren't fit to lick the boots of OW. The last good game Bungie made imo is Myth.

That being said, I'm getting a free copy of D2 on PC, so I'll still try it out some more to see if that loot greed ends up getting me. I don't know if any of my friends will actually play it, so it might be back to PUBG shortly after I try it out.

Man, I don't get it. I played a little of console D1 and played the beta of PC D2 and the game felt like total ass to me. All the enemies are like paper and there's no feedback to anything you do in the game. The game feels so floaty. Best in years? Bungie fps's aren't fit to lick the boots of OW. The last good game Bungie made imo is Myth.

That being said, I'm getting a free copy of D2 on PC, so I'll still try it out some more to see if that loot greed ends up getting me. I don't know if any of my friends will actually play it, so it might be back to PUBG shortly after I try it out.
Really...OW? youch.

Floaty? Did you even play Destiny 1 or 2 lol

Very true but if there is a game with season pass content that you want I still think the best bet is to buy the complete pack as those season passes rearly see bundles (anymore) or decent individual seals.
The Season Pass for Homefront:TR isn't really worth it. There's three DLC and each has maybe 30-60 min of very linear game play. The third was supposed to be a whole new open world section to explore but the game's financial failure meant that they just knocked out three missions to meet their obligation and it shows.

If you have them from the Freedom Fighter edition, you may as well play them and they're not terrible if you enjoy HF's game play in general. But I wouldn't spend extra on them if you have Homefront from the one Humble Bundle or something.

If you don't own any Homefront TR content - then "yes." I'd say Freedom Fighter Bundle's the way to go.

I would guess the Season Pass would appeal only to those who bought just the Homefront TR base-game for whatever reason - whether they got it very early, got it ultra dirt-cheap in a sale, got it in the HB that had it, someone gifted it to 'em, or whatever.

I haven't tried the DLC's since I spent so much time w/ the HF:TR base-game, so I can't really speak on if any of it is actually worthwhile.

But, it's always good to see when Season Passes get a deep discount (which is good for base-game only owners) - since that seems to be even more rare these days and companies just want everybody to buy the often better-discounted "Ultimate Edition" Re-Release With Everything instead. Yeah, we can really thank BioWare & Bethesda for making this a thing of late and other publishers now want to copycat this crap. Bastards.

Today's chronogg coin clicker is Exoplanet: First Contact.  Being mildly interested, I popped over to the steam page and noticed it was groupees'd back in 2013.  If you're like me and never check those keys added trackers, to redeem this you'll need to create an account at the dev's site, then translate the Russian version becuz the english side wuz haxxed, find the activate key link, complete the captcha puzzle, then find your steam key in your profile settings.

edit:  to clarify, you actually need to have purchased aforementioned groupees adventure role playing bundle back in 2013.  You can't just create an account and magically get a free key unless you're one of those 400 pound basement hackers.

Today's chronogg coin clicker is Exoplanet: First Contact. Being mildly interested, I popped over to the steam page and noticed it was groupees'd back in 2013. If you're like me and never check those keys added trackers, to redeem this you'll need to create an account at the dev's site, then translate the Russian version becuz the english side wuz haxxed, find the activate key link, complete the captcha puzzle, then find your steam key in your profile settings.
OMG, did Motoki escape Yanni's basement and hack your account?

Edit:

And finally done. Goodness that was a lot of work. Apparently, I had three copies of this game in my Groupees account, so if any bro nighters want one of the other two copies, just PM me and you can have one. And gone.

If you don't own any Homefront TR content - then "yes." I'd say Freedom Fighter Bundle's the way to go.

I would guess the Season Pass would appeal only to those who bought just the Homefront TR base-game for whatever reason - whether they got it very early, got it ultra dirt-cheap in a sale, got it in the HB that had it, someone gifted it to 'em, or whatever.

I haven't tried the DLC's since I spent so much time w/ the HF:TR base-game, so I can't really speak on if any of it is actually worthwhile.

But, it's always good to see when Season Passes get a deep discount (which is good for base-game only owners) - since that seems to be even more rare these days and companies just want everybody to buy the often better-discounted "Ultimate Edition" Re-Release With Everything instead. Yeah, we can really thank BioWare & Bethesda for making this a thing of late and other publishers now want to copycat this crap. Bastards.
So I should get HF + Season Pass + Freedom Fighter + DLC + content + extra content + your mom?

Hmmm, I went to my Groupees account to see if I purchased a bundle with that Exoplanet game (no luck) but then I noticed that I still have my unredeemed key for Keen Dreams, I wonder how much is it worth since the game has been removed from the store :eek:

Hmmm, I went to my Groupees account to see if I purchased a bundle with that Exoplanet game (no luck) but then I noticed that I still have my unredeemed key for Keen Dreams, I wonder how much is it worth since the game has been removed from the store :eek:
I'd buy that for a dollar!

bread's done
Back