Terminator: TSCC... TERMINATED BY The T-FOX!

From what i understand, skynet takes over because it perceives humans as the biggest threat to themselves. Protecting people from themselves essentially. I would assume that after it had killed everyone, it would continue to protect the world or shut down once it's mission was accomplished.

Too bad they never made an awesome terminator game. I remember a few good ones early in the pc days, but since then, they've sucked.

It would be nice to have a GOOD fps shooter Terminator game set in the future, or a Terminator GTA-style game set in the present.

[quote name='indy2029']Too bad they never made an awesome terminator game. I remember a few good ones early in the pc days, but since then, they've sucked.

It would be nice to have a GOOD fps shooter Terminator game set in the future, or a Terminator GTA-style game set in the present.[/quote]

Terminator 3: The Redemption was pretty good.

Avoid the War of The Machines PC game. Really, really bad frame rates, shitty maps, and so on.

[quote name='JolietJake']From what i understand, skynet takes over because it perceives humans as the biggest threat to themselves. Protecting people from themselves essentially. I would assume that after it had killed everyone, it would continue to protect the world or shut down once it's mission was accomplished.[/quote]

That's what I think too.

It seems Skynet is put online so humans don't have to make the tough calls. It realizes that humans are the greatest threat to the safety of everything and launches an attack on the humans.

Once the human race is gone there will be peace. Or the Terms become the humans and the whole think happens again. :)

[quote name='KingDox']At least the robots in the matrix had a civilzation. But really what would the terminators do once all the humans are dead?[/quote]

that's a really hard question on many levels because most villains don't have an ulterior purpose. What happens at the endgame of any hero losing? All these bad guys trying to take over the world.. and then what? The millions of cinema criminals trying to get rich for what purpose? What would they buy?

All the same I'll play along. In this case if the machines win I think they would continue their program and just run the earth as efficiently as possible. In a manner similar to the Matrix machines only without the human batteries.

[quote name='KingDox']
At least the robots in the matrix had a civilzation. But really what would the terminators do once all the humans are dead?[/QUOTE]

That's easy. Settle down with Cameron and live happily ever after! :D

[quote name='TheMoor']If u guys want to sign a petition for a second season, heres the link. Not sure if these things ever work but i guess its worth a shot.

http://www.petitiononline.com/scconfox/petition.html[/quote]

You could try sending 20 tons of nuts to Fox. It worked for Jericho:

linky

[quote name='Wolfkin']that's a really hard question on many levels because most villains don't have an ulterior purpose. What happens at the endgame of any hero losing? All these bad guys trying to take over the world.. and then what? The millions of cinema criminals trying to get rich for what purpose? What would they buy?[/quote]

The comic book (and upcoming movie featuring Angelina Jolie) Wanted does that scenario - what if all the bad guys won & took over the world?

[quote name='Wolfkin']that's a really hard question on many levels because most villains don't have an ulterior purpose. What happens at the endgame of any hero losing? All these bad guys trying to take over the world.. and then what? The millions of cinema criminals trying to get rich for what purpose? What would they buy?[/quote]

Why don't you ask the founders of Walmart?

I was confused as to the finality of the series...

Fox29 had TWO promos advertising the finale, with the subtitle "Season Finale" in one and "Series Finale" in the other.

With the way it ended, it makes more sense to be a season finale since it was a regular episode due to the strike. But I think my local station was just as confused as many others when it concerns the fate of this show.

nothing has been announced as of yet...my money is that it will get a re launch next fall for 13 episodes and if the numbers don't improve they will cut it. They can't keep the numbers they have moving forward, they need to grow. It would be ideal to re launch it, with heavy media coverage/buzz/ad's next fall. If that doesn't pan out, they would need to cut it.

well camoor people like you and me are still resisting. As long as we still resist they haven't won.

well I'm always interested in seeing what heppens when the bad guys win. Perhaps I'll investigate this 'Wanted' IP of which you speak.

From what yahoo said they have more shows and it will have a second season. Only that, that could be the last.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well camoor people like you and me are still resisting. As long as we still resist they haven't won.

well I'm always interested in seeing what heppens when the bad guys win. Perhaps I'll investigate this 'Wanted' IP of which you speak.[/quote]

Tbh, I don't think the movie will hold up as well as the comic... especially since Angelina Jolie's movie character The Fox was actually modeled after Halle Berry (left). And the main character is modeled after Eminem (right - masked, bottom - unmasked).

180091054211wanted400xl2.jpg

121603wanted01hp5.jpg

Hopefully, they'll keep the storyline intact but I don't know if you could squeeze it in 2 hours. Something like this would work better as a mini-series on HBO. A weak comparison would be something along the lines of Watchmen for villains.

oh things rarely translate well. quite frankly I think hollywood should take a big page from The Boure guys and stop trying to make faithful adaptions and just make movies based on summary in the book jackets.

speaking of based on but is it me or are there a lot of games with characters based on Johnny Knoxville? who is this guy anyway?

[quote name='Wolfkin']oh things rarely translate well. quite frankly I think hollywood should take a big page from The Boure guys and stop trying to make faithful adaptions and just make movies based on summary in the book jackets.[/quote]

LOL - Ludlum. There was a great joke on the Simpsons where this guy is in the tiny airport bookstore and asks for Ludlum - the owner tells him very sternly "Get out of my store!"

[quote name='Bezerker']So how would a little car explosion kill Cameron when Cromartie has been through a lot more?[/quote]

My main concern is how are they going to bring back Summer as Cameron if her flesh is blown to bits?

To have her regrow her skin like what Comriete did will be kinda creepy.

i am pretty sure that on tvguide before that announcement that sources say they were coming back, aussiello did an article and mentioned that they were ramping up for another season. Summer Glau's name was listed.

Why would anyone think Summer Glau is NOT coming back? She's the face of the show. Also, I caught an episode of Firefly the other day - she really went through some "hottening phase" between now and then, eh?

[quote name='javeryh'] - she really went through some "hottening phase" between now and then, eh?[/quote]

then I must be the only one who doesn't see it. I've seen about 3-4 eps of Firefly (I should really get on finishing that soon so I can watch Serenity) but she looks pretty much the same from my weak memory and while a better choice than whoever was in T3 nothing special.

that said she IS the face of the show. She's cute and no way will it return w/o her.

Yea but how are the writers/producers going to bring her back? She was blown to bits in the last episode. The only way I can think she will come back if either the producers have her have some amazing self regrowing skin or that she wasn't in the car when it blew up.

I want her to come back as well, but how do you do it without pissing off the fans?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea but how are the writers/producers going to bring her back? She was blown to bits in the last episode. The only way I can think she will come back if either the producers have her have some amazing self regrowing skin or that she wasn't in the car when it blew up.

I want her to come back as well, but how do you do it without pissing off the fans?[/quote]

She was in an explosion. Damage hasn't been determined.

Based on the first movie, the dynamite wouldn't have done any unrepairable damage to her frame.

Kromarte (spelling?) had knowledge of how to regrow the skin. Why wouldn't she?

She might look hideous for a few episodes, but things will OK.

BTW, Lena Headey is the show.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I was gonna say it's Glau and Headey. Headey just because she came from 300 but was pretty much unknown before 300.[/quote]

I didn't watch 300 until after the TSCC season finale.

13 episodes?

4 of what would have been part of Season 1, that leaves 9 season 2 episodes?

I guess Networks are trying not take risks giving new shows full blown season (22 episodes) and want to feel out the show a bit more before giving it more. God damn you FOX, always fucking over something when it really gets good.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea but how are the writers/producers going to bring her back? She was blown to bits in the last episode. The only way I can think she will come back if either the producers have her have some amazing self regrowing skin or that she wasn't in the car when it blew up.

I want her to come back as well, but how do you do it without pissing off the fans?[/quote]we don't have to find a way to bring her back w/o pissing off the fans.. you have to find a way to not bring her back w/o pissing off the fans.

Anyway I haven't watch the end of the finale in a while. I might do that right now actually nothing new and no cable means i get all my shows from the official websites as it is. Blown to bits is a bit hyperbolic don't you think? We have no idea how much force the explosion actually had.

You can't compare her explosion to what happened to Cromartie. Cromartie was the victim of future weapons and time travel damage. Compared to that Cameron received love tap.

What the deuce?
When did they take it off Fox.com? Now how am I supposed to rewatch it. dagnabit!!

[quote name='Wolfkin']we don't have to find a way to bring her back w/o pissing off the fans.. you have to find a way to not bring her back w/o pissing off the fans.

Anyway I haven't watch the end of the finale in a while. I might do that right now actually nothing new and no cable means i get all my shows from the official websites as it is. Blown to bits is a bit hyperbolic don't you think? We have no idea how much force the explosion actually had.

You can't compare her explosion to what happened to Cromartie. Cromartie was the victim of future weapons and time travel damage. Compared to that Cameron received love tap.

What the deuce?
When did they take it off Fox.com? Now how am I supposed to rewatch it. dagnabit!![/quote]

Cromartie shouldn't have "survived" that blast. All that weapon did was pop it's head of it's body. I can somewhat understand if the head went forward into the time displacement but the body should have been blown to bits or fallen backwards, not fallen forward into the displacement field.

ITDEFX - i agree. quite frankly I thought the whole naked humans thing because the displacement field destroys any exposed non-organic material would mean the end of cromartie.

good to hear this show is coming back. I loved this show, and it helped keep me entertained when all the other good shows were on hiatus from the writers strike.

Why doesn't anyone kill a dog and fill it with guns and send it back in time? Its the same principle as the organic shell on the terminators.

[quote name='Kayden']Why doesn't anyone kill a dog and fill it with guns and send it back in time? Its the same principle as the organic shell on the terminators.[/QUOTE]

Damn. You should be in charge instead of John Conner.

guns are too complex. that's why the terminators don't have guns. Even the T3x or whatever she wall called didn't carry a gun she formed one afterwards.

[quote name='Wolfkin']guns are too complex. that's why the terminators don't have guns. Even the T3x or whatever she wall called didn't carry a gun she formed one afterwards.[/quote]That makes no sense, if you can't send a gun through because it's to complex, then how the hell do the terminators get through? I'd say they're a tad more complex than a gun. Plus, TX did have guns, they were just internal.

bread's done
Back