The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Reposting this here in case people don't check the GMG thread. If you chose Mafia II during the free Golden Joystick promo from GMG a while back, and got a voucher for the Mafia II DLC pack.. theres a 75% off sale on the Mafia 2 DLC pack right now that you can stack the voucher with. Makes the DLC pack cost $2.

I doubt the DLC will ever be cheaper than this.
Goddamn. Makes me wish I'd bothered to get that thing.

While the original ending did leave some questions lingering, I never really found it offensive. I guess I saw it as inevitable from the beginning. With Extended Cut and Leviathan installed, I found the ending quite satisfactory from a narrative standpoint. Though, I can understand the grief over the lack of choice.
It felt like a big classic 60's sci-fi ending, which is to say overly abstract and a little incomprehensible. Kind of reminded me of Childhood's End. I never really got what the fuss was about at the time, either.

I couldn't use the voucher on my main GMG account, I had created a second account inadvertently to redeem the free Mafia 2 and the discount code only worked on that account. Too bad cause I had 50 cents credit in my main account!

Can't seem to add the vouchers to my purchase. The "Add Voucher" button is grayed out. Probably because I'm in the Aus/NZ region and the coupons aren't eligible here or some bullshit.

Can't seem to add the vouchers to my purchase. The "Add Voucher" button is grayed out. Probably because I'm in the Aus/NZ region and the coupons aren't eligible here or some bullshit.
That happened to me at first. If you copied the voucher from the email you may've accidentally copied a space before the voucher code which will make the button gray out. Try entering it without pasting.

That happened to me at first. If you copied the voucher from the email you may've accidentally copied a space before the voucher code which will make the button gray out. Try entering it without pasting.
Ah, that was it. Was able to add the voucher and total is now $2. Thanks, spoder.

Reposting this here in case people don't check the GMG thread. If you chose Mafia II during the free Golden Joystick promo from GMG a while back, and got a voucher for the Mafia II DLC pack.. theres a 75% off sale on the Mafia 2 DLC pack right now that you can stack the voucher with. Makes the DLC pack cost $2.

Thanks. I almost bought it earlier but just wasn't cheap enough. This pushed me over the edge. Thanks!

How do you know when Steam revokes a game from your account?
Steam doesn't like e-mail you or make a "Revoke" statement in your Account Details section?
Sometimes you'll be notified (in-client, not by email), other times it'll just disappear without warning. From what I've read, it sounds like you're only notified if a game that you obtained via gift or inventory trading is revoked, and keys just go poof.

I was thinking of getting Ninja Blade (no, I'm serious) for $1.99 at GMG, but it uses their Capsule client. Is Capsule that bad? Should I stay away from it?
You could have picked up a Steam copy for ~$2 during the sale that's just ended: there were bunch of traders selling it for 1 key.

Expeditions: Conquistador on sale at gamefly $5.49 if you use the code GFDNOV20. Activates on steam.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-expeditions-conquistador/5005985
I'll wait for the inevitable bundle inclusion. The publisher is bitComposer, after all.

Considering it's less than they charge for a single bit of the story DLC during a Steam sale (at 75% off), it's definitely a safe bet. ;)

Try mine, TAREM-8HHS6-BSYEQ

Just threw it into the google and got a whole bunch of hits, so it's not unique or anything.
That's the same coupon that they sent me.

If you play through the game twice it'll be worth $25.
VERY rarely to I run through titles twice.

I might run through a game more than once, if

1. If it isn't crazy-long per play-through (think like Shadow of Destiny) AND

2. If it actually have branching path-ways and/or multiple final endings/permutations.

The start menu is back in 8.1 and it's a huge improvement. I haven't noticed any other big changes in the week or so I've been using the 8.1 upgrade.

However, I will say that if you're running 7, 8 does seem unnecessary. I've read about some ostensible speed differences but it's nothing I've really been able to perceive. 8 looks great if you're using a tablet PC, but it's a bit goofy if you're using a desktop (or a laptop for that matter). And if I'm completely honest I have to admit that vanilla Android is a much more attractive (and more highly customizable) UI for a touchscreen device.
The old start menu isn't back in 8.1, they just put the (pointless) start button in and tweaked the Windows 8 start screen.

VERY rarely to I run through titles twice.

I might run through a game more than once, if

1. If it isn't crazy-long per play-through (think like Shadow of Destiny) AND

2. If it actually have branching path-ways and/or multiple final endings/permutations.
I try to make consistent progress through my backlog, but if I feel like playing a fuggin game IMA PLAY DAT. YOLO

Yeah, I just used the phrase yolo. Suck it.

That TAREM-8HHS6-BSYEQ coupon doesn't work for me. :(

I got that Russian Mafia II DLC pack as well, it's in my inventory. I need to figure out how to upgrade my Mafia II to Digital Deluxe first.

I'm trying to avoid Win 8 like the plague...at least, for now. I have used it, as my neighbor has it - I don't like the lack of Start Menu and Metro UI, for starters.

Nope, my head's not hurting. It makes sense - Steam's extra layer has causes issues before w/ other games; especially when there's multiple versions out there besides just a Steamworks-only DRM-laced version.

Good luck w/ trying to get TriDef and 3D going w/ V:TM-B Steam-version. Depending on where you buy V:TM-B, the DRM might differ - since it was NOT a full-blown Steamworks game everywhere. I have V:TM-B from Retail - and that retail-disc version just uses a disc-check DRM. It's known that DotEMU at one time actually sold it DRM-FREE for a while - but for some reason, they just don't sell it anymore. I don't know how much easier or if even at all that would be enough to get Oculus Rift and TriDef to work with it.

Hope you can find a way around the issue and get Steam-version going through the Rift w/ TriDef. G'luck w/ it!
Success!!!! Forgive me while I shamelessly celebrate...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuMJBLio7FU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plDypd609jM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VyzII09Hos[/youtube]

Ok, now, that I've gotten that out of my system, haha. So far, it's pretty much what I expected. Not really mind blowing, but still very cool. It's not really like the characters look "lifelike", but the VTMB world is such an awesome place to be inside of. I'm just starting over from the beginning, and there's just a cool feeling that comes with knowing that the world actually exists behind you when you turn around. Should make for a fun playthrough. :D

Success!!!! Forgive me while I shamelessly celebrate...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuMJBLio7FU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plDypd609jM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VyzII09Hos[/youtube]

Ok, now, that I've gotten that out of my system, haha. So far, it's pretty much what I expected. Not really mind blowing, but still very cool. It's not really like the characters look "lifelike", but the VTMB world is such an awesome place to be inside of. I'm just starting over from the beginning, and there's just a cool feeling that comes with knowing that the world actually exists behind you when you turn around. Should make for a fun playthrough. :D
Awesome!

Congrats on getting V:TM-B going w/ Oculus Rift & TriDef!

Enjoy the game, the game-world, the characters, the music, and the story. :D

I can't get the coupon to work for the Maifa II dlc pack either. I tried using a new account and everything else I could think of to get it to work. I am guessing you had to have got the email from them and therefore had it associated to your account for it to work. Is there anyone here who can get it to work and buy an extra copy at the 2 dollar price tag or is not planning on using it and is eligible to get it because I would be happy to reimburse you for the cost with like an amazon gift card or something. Hoping someone can help me out as I have been waiting to play this game till I pick up the dlc and now seems like the perfect time to get the dlc. If anyone can help me out send me a PM.

Man, October was a busy month. I finally gave up on trying to catch up with the thread. I was still on October 11th.

Reading the last three pages, I see that nothing's really changed. Hi, everyone.

Might go back and see what everyone had to say about the Halloween sale new releases.

I've never been able to straight up copy and paste promo codes and have the apply button work, so I just delete and retype the last letter afterward (because yes, I'm too lazy to type a whole code in) ;)

Man, October was a busy month. I finally gave up on trying to catch up with the thread. I was still on October 11th.
But you were right before the part where we discovered the secret of the universe :whee:

I've never been able to straight up copy and paste promo codes and have the apply button work, so I just delete and retype the last letter afterward (because yes, I'm too lazy to type a whole code in) ;)
You can now just press the space bar and it'll enable the apply button (without adding a space to the input field.)

I'm curious why you don't own the other DLC's.

The Pitt and Point Lookout are really good.

I liked Mothership Zeta, as well - but not as much as the other two.
Played it all on Xbox 360, I will wait for more sales to pick them up, I have limited funds, and Broken Steel gives me time post endgame.

Played it all on Xbox 360, I will wait for more sales to pick them up, I have limited funds, and Broken Steel gives me time post endgame.
Ahhh, I got cha!

I been double-dipped on it, as well.

I bought FO3: Collector's Ed (PC, Retail Box) on the week of release [$70]. That's the most I ever spent on a game ever - love the lunchbox and bobble-head doll.

Then when Steam once has FO3: GOTY (PC) for around $10 or something around that, had to buy it to get all 5 of the missing DLC's.

I think the Mafia 2 DLC coupon only works if you bought the main game from them, as I mentioned earlier it wouldn't work on my main account but it worked on the account I redeemed the golden joystick prize on.

I think the Mafia 2 DLC coupon only works if you bought the main game from them, as I mentioned earlier it wouldn't work on my main account but it worked on the account I redeemed the golden joystick prize on.
39531409.jpg

I'm going to have my newb colours showing through me: How do I put in mods? I am running Windows 8.1 pro 64bit (if that helps) Just a guide will help thank you. This will be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back