The "X's Room Smells Fresh Because He Can No Longer Fart" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Random Sony CSR/coffin shipping rant:
So apparently Sony likes to send out empty coffins via UPS ground 3-day select, but the return shipping for the filled coffin (which goes from 4 lbs to 16 lbs!) is next day air... What the fuck, holy inconsistency, Batman! I'm definitely happy (it was a nice surprise this morning when I noticed it on the sticker) it'll get to them sooner and all, but if they're paying next day air on a box that's 16 pounds, why wouldn't you next day air me the empty box that is 4 pounds? Or if you're cheap enough to send the coffin 3 day select, why wouldn't you be cheap on the return shipping as well?
[/quote]

That is strange.

Both companies, Msoft and Sony should overnight that shit. We after all spent a boat load of money on their product they can at least overnight a empty box to you.

Look, TMK, no one HATES you. So forget that idea, this is the internets, don't take it too seriously.

Also, if you post in the OTT, you'll get ripped on. Everyone does. I'm not sure if anyone is safe here.

---

The pimple finally stopped. That thing was a beast :|

[quote name='dallow']I always treat on dates.

There have been a couple times though where I actually have forgotten my wallet.
... so embarassing[/QUOTE]

I did that once. I felt like a shmuck. Luckily it was somewhere really cheap.

[quote name='seanr1221']Look, TMK, no one HATES you. So forget that idea, this is the internets, don't take it too seriously.

Also, if you post in the OTT, you'll get ripped on. Everyone does. I'm not sure if anyone is safe here.

---

The pimple finally stopped. That thing was a beast :|[/quote]

How the fuck did you get a pimple on your elbow? I didnt even know they could appear there.

And actually I do hate the TMK.

My iBook runs SOOOOO much slower than when I got it.

Safari takes forever to load sometimes, programs can chug, and everything seems to be a mess :|

I don't know computers too well, and it's not like I downloaded a bunch of stuff. I mostly just have music on here, and still have 6.5GB of HDD space left.

Any suggestions of what to do to make it run like new?

[quote name='Soodmeg']How the fuck did you get a pimple on your elbow? I didnt even know they could appear there.

And actually I do hate the TMK.[/QUOTE]

it was slightly below my elbow, and it's been there for about a week. Really hurt too. I decided to just go at it and it became a volcano.

Anyone else get a windows update last night? I heard my computer restart but didnt get out of bed and now the taskbar is crashing like a mofo.

Which seems to happen every 3rd or so windows update.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I remember people were bitching about the ending (dcfox, maybe others)... and I can see how it's very... open to interpretation -- especially the whole conversation the sheriff was having.
I was pretty sure the protagonist's wife got aced... but the cutting back to the sheriff and his conversation... and whatever it was he said... that was weird, I didn't quite know what to make of it

I know you're Mr. Film and had a very in-depth explanation/interpretation you had posted after the film first came out -- I wanted to read what you wrote, now that I've seen it.[/QUOTE]
Well...

The Sheriff's dream of his father is symbolism for the old generation not leaving a pure, clear path for the new generation. The dream was something to the effect of seeing his father on horseback at night, carrying a torch... and his father simply riding by him, off into the darkness.

The Sheriff related to his father, in this dream, because he, too, was becoming a relic of the past, in his retirement -- the old generation leaving the keys to the castle to the new generation.

If you noticed, the Sheriff did a poor job of teaching the young deputy his ways, and cuing him in on his suspicions -- the young deputy, who will take his place in retirement.

The Sheriff was in stoic awe of the way things were dissolving in the world, and wanted to help, but really couldn't... It's a downward spiral, hence "No Country for Old Men".

Moss represented the new generation. Moss wasn't a bad man, in essence... but he was confused with what was right and wrong. This was represented in his action, but especially when he returned to the proverbial "scene of the crime" to give the suffering Mexican some water, which he should have done hours ago. That showed that, while he makes mistakes, there is a part of him that is good... but the old generation didn't teach him well, and his selfish mistakes killed him and his wife.

Chigurh was an element outside of the new and old generations. I think this is so because of the Sheriff's voice over at the beginning of the film, about the sociopath who shot that judge in cold blood, generations ago.

Chigurh made off with the money and killed Moss' wife. I know this because there were clues sprinkled throughout the film.

When Chigurh left her home, he checked his boots for blood. Throughout the film, Chigurh avoided getting blood on his clothes. When he strangled the police officer with his handcuffs, and blood spurted from the cop's neck, Chigurh turned his head to avoid and blood to splash on his face. When Chigurh killed the Mexicans in that hotel room, he shielded himself with the shower curtain when he shot the Mexican hiding in the bath tub. When Chigurh killed Carson Wells, and when the blood pool began flowing towards his boots, he put his feet up on the table. (I think there was one more instance, but I can't remember right now.)

He was a creature of habit and had his own, twisted principles. The "If you see him, you're as good as dead", or whatever the line was that Carson Wells said about him, is a part of his principles -- along with keeping his clothes fresh and clean.

There were two instances in the film where he didn't kill people who saw him. One was the fat broad in the trailer park. You could tell he was going to, but didn't... because a toilet flushed in the background - someone else was there - and he was too much of a pro to make a mistake.

The other instance was after his car accident -- where he bypassed his own principles by telling the two boys, "You didn't see me." That was more for himself, then for what he wanted them to tell the cops.

The other part of his principles was the coin, and this is the other clue how I know he killed Moss' wife (aside from him checking his boots) -- she refused to call it. He promised Moss that he'd kill her, and he did -- but she refused to call it. He broke his own law. He was a force; a phantom... He'd always know where you were, he'd always find the money, he'd always be able to walk among us without losing a step... but because he broke his own law, that's why he got nailed in that car accident. It knocked the stars out of alignment, and you could feel that he knew something bad was going to happen while he was driving, and gazing into the rearview mirror.

(The chance of getting in a car accident also eloquently parallels that of a coin toss.)

And I believe that he survived that accident. A compound fracture is lethal, because of infection... but because he was a such a force, and because they showed how he handled his shotgun wound, he definitely survived.

Evil never dies.

I came up with that without reading the book or reading any other opinions online... so that's merely my take.

Then again, I'm always right.

Hmm, looks like I might be away from CAG for a few days next week. I might have to attend a funeral for a relative who lives in KY (not a relative I really know, but my parents may want me to come with them too). I'll find out more details later.

So that could mean, those who I said I'd ship them stuff next week, may have to be put off (since I'd leave Monday or Tuesday morning).

I don't feel like ranting about Sony CSR or MS CSR. Calling either wasn't pretty (MS with my consoles breaking or getting codes, Sony on the PSN Card trouble).

[quote name='seanr1221']it was slightly below my elbow, and it's been there for about a week. Really hurt too. I decided to just go at it and it became a volcano.[/quote]

It was probably an ingrown hair...they get big and tend to fill with puss.

[quote name='seanr1221']Look, TMK, no one HATES you. So forget that idea, this is the internets, don't take it too seriously.

[/QUOTE]Hehe, internet is a serious business you know. ;)

Let me just say, around a week ago, it did dawn on me, and I get all the jokes now. I honestly don't care if anyone rips on me or calls me various things. I get it now (no joke).

[quote name='Soodmeg']
And actually I do hate the TMK.[/QUOTE]:grouphug:

[quote name='guinaevere']Thanks, Mana and Wow. I'm trying to decide if I want to get CoD3 platinum or Warhammer DS as filler on Amazon for their DotD: Rondo of Swwwwwwords.

Stick around. Anyone who irritates you, just put on Ignore. Other than that, let your hair down a little. I have to admit, hanging out in the OTTs helps me lighten up a little in real life, too.
[/QUOTE]I'd get Rondo of Swords too if I didn't have such a backlog in SRPGs right now. That is a tough decision, since I'm not too familiar with Warhammer on DS

I'm not really upset over the GGT or anything. It's mostly, sometimes I feel like posting there, sometimes I do not. That's just how it is.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm heading out now. Running off to live with Dallow.[/quote]:gets his 60s music collection ready:

[quote name='joe2187']Soodmang's a racist.

He called me a filthy jew whore on XBL[/quote]

With my broken xbox?:lol:

I actually shipped it yesterday and I am going on vacation tomorrow for a week. So hopefully by the time I get back it will be here.

That reminds me..I am going on vacation for a week so I most likely wont be here. Throw a Soodmeg is gone party and get drunk. Remember to take pics when Joe starts making out with Lilboo.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Hehe, internet is a serious business you know. ;)

Let me just say, around a week ago, it did dawn on me, and I get all the jokes now. I honestly don't care if anyone rips on me or calls me various things. I get it now (no joke).
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for understanding,
38797_f520.jpg
;)

---

LP, nah, there was no hair in it. I've dealt with those suckers before though, bleh :[

---

Any help with my iBook problem?

Chigurh telling Moss' wife,
before he kills her, that it was Moss' fault that she is going to die
is all kinds of sinister... but it was true.

[quote name='Brak']Hey! I drew it in five minutes!

Whaddaya want from me?[/quote]

You got skillz brak...love the art stlye...any more comic strips?

Mana, ps3fanboy is blocked here at work .. what did you get mentioned for?

[quote name='Number83']Thats it! You are all NOT getting fish named after you!!!

Wubb...please Ban![/quote]

:cry:

[quote name='Brak']You're supposed to ejaculate in her vagina, mang.[/quote]

What if she doesn't have one?

[quote name='dallow']I'd treat Gwen just like a princess should be treated.

[quote name='Brak']Hey! I drew it in five minutes!

Whaddaya want from me?[/quote]

Like I said... I wanted Leon, not PlumeNoir. :cry:

Why did the envelope have a bunch of pocket lint lining the game? :rofl:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You got skillz brak...love the art stlye...any more comic strips?[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

And, no. :[

There was pocket lint in the envelope?

And I will if I ever send anything to your house, JFD.

Weren't you complaining about Mojimbo excessively using the :cool: face?

---

All over the place, Brak. If I had a camera, I'd take a picture of how messy my keyboard got cause of it. :rofl:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It was probably an ingrown hair...they get big and tend to fill with puss.[/quote]

Autobrat:

I didn't dismiss you for my bro...I lost mah damn Commangdos connection!

Comcast is sappin' my interbutz....:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Also, that damn razor game me an ingrown hair along my jawline.

The razor stinks BTW...

It's fast, but it's nowhere as close as my Fusion...

[quote name='Soodmeg']With my broken xbox?:lol:

I actually shipped it yesterday and I am going on vacation tomorrow for a week. So hopefully by the time I get back it will be here.

That reminds me..I am going on vacation for a week so I most likely wont be here. Throw a Soodmeg is gone party and get drunk. Remember to take pics when Joe starts making out with Lilboo.[/quote]

Motherfucker, I don't need you to give me a reason to get drunk...

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Let's start a band, Dallow!

Brak, draw me something. :cool:[/quote]
Noice! You gettin' That Triple version?

No worries Manthing...did you and your bro beat it?

I tried the razor for a few min...didn't like it. BzzAgent has a 15 day return policy IIRC...I may just have to give it back to them...or buy a new blade and ebay the unit with a new blade. :whistle2:k

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Random Sony CSR/coffin shipping rant:
So apparently Sony likes to send out empty coffins via UPS ground 3-day select, but the return shipping for the filled coffin (which goes from 4 lbs to 16 lbs!) is next day air... What the fuck, holy inconsistency, Batman! I'm definitely happy (it was a nice surprise this morning when I noticed it on the sticker) it'll get to them sooner and all, but if they're paying next day air on a box that's 16 pounds, why wouldn't you next day air me the empty box that is 4 pounds? Or if you're cheap enough to send the coffin 3 day select, why wouldn't you be cheap on the return shipping as well?
[/QUOTE]

Rant all you want but MS does the same thing. The first time I shipped out my Xbox, it went ground every place it went to.

BTW it will probably come back 3 day select.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Send me a drawing.[/QUOTE]
Of what?

[quote name='Maklershed']Morning all. These X OTTs are retarded. Does anyone even know who he is other than Jimmie and Zew?[/quote]

I'm gonna let the fact that you called the X topics "retarded" slide because you're cranky and tired, I assume. X is the shit, even though he can't. Everyone knows that one guy that will drive 2 hours to pick you up if your stuck some place, X is that dude.

He's written a FAQ for the 360, it's stickied at the top of the forum:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183194

Everyone we game with knows him which is like 25% of the OTT, so really, you're one of the only ones that doesn't know him.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No worries Manthing...did you and your bro beat it?

I tried the razor for a few min...didn't like it. BzzAgent has a 15 day return policy IIRC...I may just have to give it back to them...or buy a new blade and ebay the unit with a new blade. :whistle2:k[/quote]

Nahh mang. We weren't even playing! He just called me on my phone.

Also, does that health glitch actually work?

Re: razor...

I threw away the packaging, and didn't know about the return policy

I'm actually gonna keep using it through the recommended 3 weeks at least.

Pretty shitty that the return period is shorter than the timeframe to 'train' your face...

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back