10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a regular Barricade in my Walmart's clearance section, but half the time things there are normal price it seems, so I didn't bother to scan it (I already have it). They also had half a dozen DVD Edition Primes, but at normal price. Can I expect these to be reduced at some point? I'd love to pick up another cheap, since it's one of my favorite toys.

Hmm. I'm definitely going to check out my clearance section at my Wal Mart and hopefully make out as lucky as you did. I'm bumed I didn't make it there today, but hopefully Wednesday I can get out and grab some new figures.

Damn, those finds are ridiculous. Only time I've even seen any of the repaints is at one of these asshole 'specialty' toy store and they're asking $15-25!!! PER DELUXE.

I want the damn repaints and wave 2's so bad. Just a Leader Brawl, repaint Jazz, Repaint Starscream, Thundercracker, the wave 2 figs, concept Bumblebee...damn.

My Target had a butt-load of the Bumblebee two-packs, and had an amazing amount of new stuff (both transformers stuff and other). It looked like they were gearing up for Christmas or something.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I think I'm going to take back the Barricade repaint. I'll have two Bumblebees and two Barricades, one in each mode.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to turn this into a trade thread or anything, but might ya be interested in selling it or maybe trading it?

I think we should start a transformers spending thread. I would kind of like to know what everyone has been buying and how much they spent. Ill probably post my purchases soon, i just have to remember what all i bought and how much i spent. ;)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I would, but I'd have to factor in the cost of buying a box to ship it and everything. I don't even know how much that would be.[/QUOTE]

Alright, that's understandable. If you happen to figure anything out though, shoot me a pm ;) But for real though, if it's just that much easier to return it, then just do that.

Not sure if anyone cares, but I notcied the Hasbro Toy Shop actually has Leader Brawl and Leader Megs back in stock, and with the coupon code in the title, you save a decent bit of cash.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's just the price they rang up at.

Went in to check out the clearance section. Saw the Rampage Alt (Jag XK) and was going to get that. Then I happen upon the regular TF section and sitting right in front was a Bumblebee. I literally dropped the Rampage when I saw it. When I took it up to the cashier and it rang up at $5, I nearly dropped my wallet. I told her I'll be right back and grabbed the other Bumblebee and the Barricade.

Now, I have to decide if I really want two of these Concepts or if I'm going to offer it on here. Since I got the Security version, I think I'm going to sell my backup regular Barricade.[/QUOTE]

Man WTF you found a Rampage Alt? Damned lucky. I still have yet to see a Concept in store.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Man WTF you found a Rampage Alt? Damned lucky. I still have yet to see a Concept in store.[/quote]

Same here...no concept found yet. I have a friend that works at Target that said he will hold one for me if when he finds one.

[quote name='icruise']My Target had a number of these "2-in-1 Beamers" (basically transformer heads that light up and make noise) on clearance for $3.74 (down from $14.99). They're surprisingly nice likenesses and would make decent bookends or look good as statues as well.

Here's the entry on Amazon, so you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/KIDdesigns-TF-416B-Transformers-Beamers-Bumblebee/dp/B000NGMOXW

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-2-In-1-Beamers-Optimus-Prime/dp/B000NGKM18[/quote]

Oooh...I gotta get me one of each at that price. The sounds the make sound bad but for mute statues they look pretty good.

Don't forget that there's going to be a sky linx re-issue coming out soon. It's going to be an import but it would be nice to see a domestic release since I never had one when I was a kid.

I don't normally look at the Sunday ads for Transformers, but there are a bunch of deals out this week.

Target: Buy the Bumblebee 2 pack and the regular DVD, get a $5 transforming gift card. "Other selected Transformers on sale" whatever that means.

Best Buy: Save $5 when you buy any Transformers action figure and the new movie. They have pictured a Best Buy exclusive yellow Ratchet.

Toys R Us: Get a free $5 gift card with any Transformers purchase of $30 or more, in store only.

The Best Buy Ratchet looks neat, but I didn't see it at my local Best Buy today.

TRU also had crap for Transformer selection -- I was there for the B2G1 video game sale -- but their definition of "Transformer" includes Attactix and Star Wars Transformers, so keep that in mind.

I wonder if that transforming gift card is the same as the transforming Optimus Prime gift card they had a while back. I missed out on those.

[quote name='blandstalker']I don't normally look at the Sunday ads for Transformers, but there are a bunch of deals out this week.

Target: Buy the Bumblebee 2 pack and the regular DVD, get a $5 transforming gift card. "Other selected Transformers on sale" whatever that means.

Best Buy: Save $5 when you buy any Transformers action figure and the new movie. They have pictured a Best Buy exclusive yellow Ratchet.

Toys R Us: Get a free $5 gift card with any Transformers purchase of $30 or more, in store only.

The Best Buy Ratchet looks neat, but I didn't see it at my local Best Buy today.

TRU also had crap for Transformer selection -- I was there for the B2G1 video game sale -- but their definition of "Transformer" includes Attactix and Star Wars Transformers, so keep that in mind.[/quote]
something tells me people will be lining up for that Best Buy exclusive Ratchet toy.

and for how many do they got in stores is another question.

Are they charging $20 apiece for the Best Buy toys? How do they look (I've seen pictures, but I was wondering about the impression of someone who's seen them.)

Damn...Best Buy has the toys out already!? I was going to go on Tuesday because I thought for sure they'd put them out then.

EDIT: Best Pic I could find:
1014BA04A001P1_img_152387294.jpg

[quote name='icruise']I wonder if that transforming gift card is the same as the transforming Optimus Prime gift card they had a while back. I missed out on those.[/quote]

The one they have pictured in the ad is the same.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oooh...I gotta get me one of each at that price. The sounds the make sound bad but for mute statues they look pretty good.[/QUOTE]

my local target had them for around 4 dollars. However looked like someone beat the crap out of them :(

Hey was there ever an action figure release for Sam, Mikela and other people in the movie?

[quote name='ITDEFX']my local target had them for around 4 dollars. However looked like someone beat the crap out of them :(

Hey was there ever an action figure release for Sam, Mikela and other people in the movie?[/quote]
My Target had em for 7.50 on Friday, hoping when I go in the morning (I sleep in til 2 PM normally, so waking up 10 AM or earlier for a DVD is a stretch.. ugh.) I'm hoping they dropped in price, and hopefully to find a 360 arcade stick too..... mm transforming DVD case...

looks like more "metallic repaints" are gonna come
from hasbro
Beginning October 16, you can complete your TRANSFORMERS movie collection with the TRANSFORMERS Action Figure Premium Series. This collection of the best characters across Movie Deluxe, Voyager and Leader classes features premium deco treatments and finishes to create the ultimate movie figures. Check back for news at www.transformers.com throughout the first half of 2008 to learn about more Movie Premium Series figures.

The Series launches with two Movie Voyager figures available exclusively at Best Buy for the launch of the TRANSFORMERS movie DVD on October 16. AUTOBOT RATCHET and MEGATRON each feature limited-edition metallic deco and are packed in Robot-mode in premium display package

Picked up the Transforming DVD case @ Target and I was able to score 2 of the Bumblebee 2-packs...they look soo bad ass...now I just need to find 2 single Bumble Bee Camaro concepts and I'm set.

EDIT: Went to Best Buy, picked up the 2 disc gift set along with the Lithograph...no luck on finding the Best Buy exclusive Ratchet...and they don't carry it online...damn!

damn, knew this would happen. HBTS finally has new stuff (just legends Blackout and Starscream, but still)...and the 25Fall promo code is dead. Bastards!

Got the last ratchet at my BB this morning, they must have sold all the rest yesterday or the employees snagged 'em.

Anyone know what day of the week Target reduces their clearance toys? Those beamers scanned at $7.48 this morning at my store.

I got the 2-disc set with the "transforming" case at Target. I want in mid-afternoon and they only had 4 or 5 of that version left (although they might very well have had a huge stack in the back). The case is sort of cute, but also a little lame.

Also picked up a Bumblebee two-pack. I hadn't originally planned to get that as well, since I already have both figures, but I hadn't realized that the price would be $15.99 instead of the usual $19.99. With the additional $5 gift card, that made it $10.99 for the two-pack, which was hard to pass up. Also, the concept Camaro is a slightly different version from the one that was previously available ("battle damaged"). Anyway, now I can display both figures in robot and vehicle modes.

However, they didn't know anything about a transforming gift card. They only gave me a generic Target one. Did anyone else get the transforming one?

I still can't figure out which version of the movie to get. I'm not too interested in the BB one but the Target transforming case and... *sigh* Wal-Mart 2 disc are really tempting. Normally, I don't care for 2 disc sets but I really want this one.

Great way to screw consumers over- make multiple versions for different stores rather than one awesome version.

Picked up the Target Transforming version, but once again my toy stock is practically nothing. I'm beginning to think we have a ton of hoarders and eBayers around here (I thought this a long time ago), and my experience at Toys R Us proves that. Stopping at BB would just be a waste of time, since I doubt they have Rachet or Megs in stock. I would give anything for a concept Bumblebee.

[quote name='Vinny']I still can't figure out which version of the movie to get. I'm not too interested in the BB one but the Target transforming case and... *sigh* Wal-Mart 2 disc are really tempting. Normally, I don't care for 2 disc sets but I really want this one.

Great way to screw consumers over- make multiple versions for different stores rather than one awesome version.[/QUOTE]

It's really not surprising since the whole concept of Transformers was to sell merchandise; first toys now DVDs.

[quote name='sandman007']It's really not surprising since the whole concept of Transformers was to sell merchandise; first toys now DVDs.[/QUOTE]
Shocking! :bouncy:

By the way, since the 25FALL code has expired, it should probably be removed from the title of this thread. I did get a coupon code with a catalog from hasbro recently that seems to be something anyone can use. It's FTIER7

$10 on a $50 order
$20 on a $100 order
$50 on a $250 order

Not nearly as nice as 25FALL, but it's something.

[quote name='icruise']By the way, since the 25FALL code has expired, it should probably be removed from the title of this thread. I did get a coupon code with a catalog from hasbro recently that seems to be something anyone can use. It's FTIER7

$10 on a $50 order
$20 on a $100 order
$50 on a $250 order

Not nearly as nice as 25FALL, but it's something.[/quote]

Hasbro is sending out catalogs?

[quote name='cag1000']Hasbro is sending out catalogs?[/quote]

They've been sending out Hasbro Toy Shop catalog's for quite a while.

Went to Target today to see if they got in the Bumblebee 2 pack. They didnt have it but luckly, I guess I arrived just in time because the pegs were restocked full of deluxe figures. Picked up the last Concept Bumblebee. I guess that's it for me and Transformer figures for the rest of the year.:D

[quote name='177adjen17']looks like more "metallic repaints" are gonna come
from hasbro[/quote]

Whee!

I saw the Best Buy figures on Tuesday.

Megatron was shiny metallic. Someone grabbed it before I could get a good look at it, but it made Megatron appealing. I went to a second Best Buy, but they didn't have any.

I did get a good look at Ratchet. Rather than the yellow color the ad implies, it's actually green. Think "metallic pea".

This metallic color was also like Robovision Prime -- it's not chrome or particularly shiny, it's slightly iridescent.

If you don't have the original movie Ratchet, then it's great. If you do have the original Ratchet, don't lose any sleep over this one.

It would be great if Hasbro did more metallic repaints, but hopefully more like Megatron and less like Ratchet.

The thing about the Best Buy exclusives is that they might actually be more rare than initially thought. I can't find them anywhere, I called my local Best Buy and they said that they will not be getting anymore in, hence why their "Limited"

Today I picked up 2 of the Optimus Prime and Bumblebee light up heads for $3.74 each....they're pretty sweet!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The thing about the Best Buy exclusives is that they might actually be more rare than initially thought. I can't find them anywhere, I called my local Best Buy and they said that they will not be getting anymore in, hence why their "Limited"

Today I picked up 2 of the Optimus Prime and Bumblebee light up heads for $3.74 each....they're pretty sweet![/quote]

Do you know if those just got lowered at your store? I checked a couple local Targets on Tuesday and they still scanned at $7.48.

bread's done
Back