The Fighting Game Thread - 7th edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The VGM']Well the smart people (i.e. most of us) are waiting for a drop.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that after xmas this thing will drop like a brick.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'm thinking of selling my T5 stick, does $50 shipped sound like a fair price? I haven't touched my ps2 in weeks, maybe months.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's a great Hori stick. I've seen it go for as much as $85 on ebay...on the other hand, I've seen go for as low as $25, guess you just have to find the right buyer.

[quote name='markman']Sup guys, haven't been here for a few days.

SC III = bitch to unlock things.... Gameshark/Codbreaker... :thumbsup: [/quote]

whoa! that's scandalicious. bow your head in shame ;-) j.k. it really is a bitch.

[quote name='MarkMan']I don't play any of that single player stuff anyways... It's all about the competition... it sucks when people don't have anyone to play with.

We have weekly 30 + ppl tournaments here in SD.[/QUOTE]

You loser.

[quote name='MarkMan']Sup guys, haven't been here for a few days.

SC III = bitch to unlock things.... Gameshark/Codbreaker... :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

actually, it's pretty damn easy if you just ask some friends to come on over and play. Once you do around 1000 fights (dosn't matter what mode) it should have alot of stuff unlocked. I am already unlocking stuff I was having a hard time unlocking the regular way, but now just getting them with just playing alot of rounds.

[quote name='MarkMan']I don't play any of that single player stuff anyways... It's all about the competition... it sucks when people don't have anyone to play with.

We have weekly 30 + ppl tournaments here in SD.[/QUOTE]

damn, i'm envious, no scene that I know of out here. otoh, if there was, I'd neglect school even more.

How has the competitive scene received SC3 so far?

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, it's a great Hori stick. I've seen it go for as much as $85 on ebay...on the other hand, I've seen go for as low as $25, guess you just have to find the right buyer.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll put it on my trade/sell list here for a while before going to ebay with it. Now to figure out how I'm going to package the damn thing. :whistle2:k :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']damn, i'm envious, no scene that I know of out here. otoh, if there was, I'd neglect school even more.

How has the competitive scene received SC3 so far?[/QUOTE]

You're so sad. Go play a sport. Take the nerds out and play a game of hoops.

[quote name='The VGM']You're so sad. Go play a sport. Take the nerds out and play a game of hoops.[/QUOTE]

the only sport they play where I live is to get sticks and pitchforks and hunt for the village monster, kill it, then have it for dinner. I wish it was a national sport (sarcasm in case some people can't notice)

Is it just me or does SCIII seem to attract more of the geeks who never play fighters (but lay aot of World of Warcraft or whatever kids do these days), but almost every other fighter seems to turn these guys off...? wtf? The instant this game comes on, geeks from all sides of the earth seem to show up, but when I turn on some good ole street fighter or tekken, they all flee.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Is it just me or does SCIII seem to attract more of the geeks who never play fighters (but lay aot of World of Warcraft or whatever kids do these days), but almost every other fighter seems to turn these guys off...? wtf? The instant this game comes on, geeks from all sides of the earth seem to show up, but when I turn on some good ole street fighter or tekken, they all flee.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen SC attracts everyone, much like Smash Bros. All the geeks play SF and/or KOF.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']From what I've seen SC attracts everyone, much like Smash Bros. All the geeks play SF and/or KOF.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i guess I put it in the wrong words...

though, the very geeky geeks with acne formed in the shape of cuba are the ones that love SCIII

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, i guess I put it in the wrong words...

though, the very geeky geeks with acne formed in the shape of cuba are the ones that love SCIII[/QUOTE]

I always thought SC wasn't nearly boring enough for the true geeks. Now VF, there's something we can both enjoy. :lol:

[quote name='VGM']
You're so sad. Go play a sport. Take the nerds out and play a game of hoops. [/quote]

:lol: @ take the nerds out. I would, but I need to go work on my transect study and journal entries for sociology! nerd out, yo.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']

Is it just me or does SCIII seem to attract more of the geeks who never play fighters (but lay aot of World of Warcraft or whatever kids do these days), but almost every other fighter seems to turn these guys off...? wtf? The instant this game comes on, geeks from all sides of the earth seem to show up, but when I turn on some good ole street fighter or tekken, they all flee.[/QUOTE]

same thing happens around here. I think it's the classic sword fighting motif and general D&D look of the game that gets them (and the requirement of skill and effort and absence of campy fanservice that turns them away from the others)

So you have time to be in tournies but you can't shoot some hoop? You asthma having pansy.

EDIT: sub, once again your opinion means DICK. The pimps play KOF and SF (I don't mean all SF and KOF players are pimps, I mean they are the choice fighters of pimps).

[quote name='The VGM']So you have time to be in tournies but you can't shoot some hoop? You asthma having pansy.[/QUOTE]

:lol: i really need to go out and start playing basketball again. I havent touched a basket ball in over 2 years... no need to insult me VGM, not playing in forever is not a good thing (since it's the only other sport I ever play other than my former high school skateboarding).

I haven't played-played since 6th-7th grade (I'm in 10th now). Once they taught me the right way to shoot the ball I couldn't hit shots anymore, and I got no hops, so I can't dunk, so therefore I suck. Being the one out of two white kids in the whole gym class doesn't help either, I get the "white man can't jump" joke every class.

kofXI videos can be seen here:
http://game41.web.infoseek.co.jp/
click on the second tab to your left. the first batch of clips are from KOFXI (with some nice gato fights!) the game seems faster than previous kof games, and awards quick reflexes with the tag combo cancel technique (i think that's what it's called) i just wish this was being released over here on the ps2...

[quote name='The VGM']EDIT: sub, once again your opinion means DICK. The pimps play KOF and SF (I don't mean all SF and KOF players are pimps, I mean they are the choice fighters of pimps).[/QUOTE]

The real pimps play Def Jam. ;)

the only "sport" I've been into was backpacking and hiking....but it's hard to get a few weeks free to do anything like that these days. and I'm a lazy sonofabitch.

[quote name='Apossum']the only "sport" I've been into was backpacking and hiking....but it's hard to get a few weeks free to do anything like that these days. and I'm a lazy sonofabitch.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I'm talking about REAL sports.

I did not make these but I wish I did
DSC00447.jpg

So yea... if anyone knows where to get a wallpaper of the SC 3 cover art, let me know. I really like that picture on the front, but having no luck getting a wallpaper.

[quote name='Msia']I did not make these but I wish I did
[/QUOTE]
Wow that second picture is in poor taste. Might wanna take that one off.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Wow that second picture is in poor taste. Might wanna take that one off.[/QUOTE]

that is pretty fucked up.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Wow that second picture is in poor taste. Might wanna take that one off.[/QUOTE]
Removed, I guess someone else also made a thread about Soul Calibur III CAF's. "My bad".

[quote name='The VGM']I'm sorry, I'm talking about REAL sports.[/QUOTE]

Hah! yeah, a 2 hour basketball game is a real sport compared to a 100 mile backpacking trip. you seem like the type that would freak out the moment they see an unfamiliar bug :lol:

anyway, Msia-- can you post some links to the SC3 pics? I wanna see the tasteless one ;-)

[quote name='gigan54']it was hitler.[/QUOTE]

interesting. do they have the hitler 'stache as an option?

[quote name='Apossum']Hah! yeah, a 2 hour basketball game is a real sport compared to a 100 mile backpacking trip. you seem like the type that would freak out the moment they see an unfamiliar bug :lol:

anyway, Msia-- can you post some links to the SC3 pics? I wanna see the tasteless one ;-)[/QUOTE]

There is no competition in walking around with a big bag. You gain nothing after doing it, besides the fact that you can say you took a long walk. And does backpacking take skill?

You nerd.

EDIT: Here's the picture tools:

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/8960/hitlersc22lz.jpg

EDIT 2: Oh, the other fighter is what makes it bad. I didn't even notice that....

[quote name='Burrito']If it weren't for the words "Adolf Hitler," I would never have guessed who he was meant to be.[/QUOTE]
The mustache gives it away easily.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The mustache gives it away easily.[/QUOTE]

he probably wouldve thought it was charlie chaplin?

[quote name='The VGM']There is no competition in walking around with a big bag. You gain nothing after doing it, besides the fact that you can say you took a long walk. And does backpacking take skill?

You nerd.

EDIT: Here's the picture tools:

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/8960/hitlersc22lz.jpg

EDIT 2: Oh, the other fighter is what makes it bad. I didn't even notice that....[/QUOTE]

looks like a young hitler with a hip haircut :lol:

and yes, backpacking takes a bunch of different skills. you have no idea what you're talking about boy. but that's why we love you vgm ;-)

[quote name='Apossum']looks like a young hitler with a hip haircut :lol:

and yes, backpacking takes a bunch of different skills. you have no idea what you're talking about boy. but that's why we love you vgm ;-)[/QUOTE]

5 year olds can walk up hills. YOU DO WHAT 5 YEAR OLDS CAN DO

[quote name='The VGM']5 year olds can walk up hills. YOU DO WHAT 5 YEAR OLDS CAN DO[/QUOTE]

:lol: you never cease to amaze me.

[quote name='The VGM']5 year olds can walk up hills. YOU DO WHAT 5 YEAR OLDS CAN DO[/QUOTE]

everyone does what 5 year olds can do. we eat, sleep, breathe, and blink.

[quote name='2poor']everyone does what 5 year olds can do. we eat, sleep, breathe, and blink.[/QUOTE]

Show me a 5 year old that can dunk.

THOUGHT SO. YOU FAIL.

[quote name='The VGM']Show me a 5 year old that can dunk.

THOUGHT SO. YOU FAIL.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

i never said they could drink.

[quote name='2poor']:whistle2:s

i never said they could drink.[/QUOTE]

You're a douche.

dunk, as in basketball. Stop trying to help Apossum.

[quote name='Apossum']if someone switched out 5 with 4 you wouldn't know the difference!

go get a compound femur fracture playing basketball.[/QUOTE]

Even more bad exaggerations. Don't worry, I already damaged my knee playing basketball, and it still hurts if you hit it right. Pussy.

[quote name='The VGM']You're a douche.

dunk, as in basketball. Stop trying to help Apossum.[/QUOTE]

oh dunk.
well we all know white men cant jump and considering youre still a boy i guess you couldnt even get tap the rim. :D

[quote name='gigan54']ROLFCOPTER @ vgm getting into one of his fits.

the mere thought of a five year old dunking is priceless.[/QUOTE]

Apossum is the devil, and I must counter his bad arguements.

I have 2 PM's now and I bet one is from a mod telling me to calm down.

EDIT: Nope feedback :D

[quote name='The VGM']Show me a 5 year old that can dunk.

THOUGHT SO. YOU FAIL.[/QUOTE]

show me a 5 year old that's hiked through a significant chunk of the grand canyon...thought so.....

just admit it-- Gitaroo Man is the best game Koei has ever put out and DoA >>> the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back