The Most Dangerous OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I do have to file my taxes at the end of the year.. I'm sure my pay would suck dick if I got taxes taken out of it, but that'll start at the beginning of the year. (luckily I have an uncle that does that so he knows a lot of loopholes)

I work between 41-44 hours a week w/ an hour lunch, but I usually take 20-30 minutes.

[quote name='wubb']You work for the state of NY in a McD's right? I remember being shocked that McD's in NY are staffed by state employees.

Damn this is an obscure OTT in joke. I wonder if Mak even remembers?
[/quote]

I dont remember :oops:

[quote name='senorwoohoo']:cry:/:lol:

Lucky mofo'.

Sood: I make $10 an hour, but I only work 35 hrs/week because they don't want to hire me as full-time yet.

So I get about $282 a week after taxes. fuckin' BS.[/quote]

I make a little more than you but the ratio of hours to payment is off.

Depending on if I am charging a day rate or a hour rate. (but everyone wants a day rate) On a good week because I am a freelancer I will make about 400-500 but every shoot I go on is like a 10-15 hour deal. Thats why people invented day rates....so they can pay you one rate and make you work like 15 hours in a day.

Sometimes its good because I am like damn...I just got 50 bucks an hour for this gig. But most of the time its like.....fuck...I am getting like 6.75 an hour.

And yes...its such fucking BS what we media folks go through.

It's snowing pretty good here in Harrisburg too. Forecasters all said a coating to an inch today and that would occur late in the afternoon. Well here it is 10:30 and we got close to a 1/2 inch already.

Do you make more on an NFL Films gig? I mean damn, shooting an NFL game is pretty high up the chain I'd imagine.

Mak - Yeah I just vaguely remember it. It was like a one-off goof from way way back. No idea why it popped in my head. Ah, Harrisburg. Must be the PA McD's. :)

[quote name='Maklershed']I wish. I'm stuck in the office until 3:45. And I dont get home until 5. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Is that on a normal day or factoring in the snow slowed commute? :evil:

[quote name='Soodmeg']I make a little more than you but the ratio of hours to payment is off.

Depending on if I am charging a day rate or a hour rate. (but everyone wants a day rate) On a good week because I am a freelancer I will make about 400-500 but every shoot I go on is like a 10-15 hour deal. Thats why people invented day rates....so they can pay you one rate and make you work like 15 hours in a day.

Sometimes its good because I am like damn...I just got 50 bucks an hour for this gig. But most of the time its like.....fuck...I am getting like 6.75 an hour.

And yes...its such fucking BS what we media folks go through.[/QUOTE]

Damn.

That's why I could never be a freelancer, too hectic of a schedule.

I'm starting to look to the dark side of journalism just because I won't be able to afford to live on these wages much longer.

I used to read the GGT to read the funny console arguements that would go on.. but theres none of that anymore.

....hardly anything in there besides two dudes who suck at Rock Band. :nottalking:

Do you make more on an NFL Films gig? I mean damn, shooting an NFL game is pretty high up the chain I'd imagine.

I do make more on the NFL FILMS gig yes. But the fact that I dont work for ESPN Network (which means I would be shooting NFL, NBA, Tennis whatever), I work for NFL FILMS and if you think about it what exactly does NFL FILMS do?

All they do is make mini documentarys on various football mumbo jumbo.

So yes I do shoot all the Lions games but I am not broadcasting anything. My 4 hours of tape along with the 15 other cameraman tape will all get edited down to either a 30 min "recap the season" type of show (which also is the Look the Pats just won the superbowl relive the season with us dvdbut the fucking Lions never do anything) or just handed to places like ESPN, NFL NETWORK, local news so they can make various highlight packages.

So yes, I do make more on that gig than others but its only once a week because NFL FILMS only does football games.

God I will kill for a network job...so I can shoot all sports thus more work = more monies. I haver other gigs that allow me to shoot various other sports but they dont pay even close to how much NFL FILMS pays me. :cry:

Very interesting.

NFL Films has some neat stuff here and there, but you are right they don't put out a ton of stuff.

So basically the guys shooting the game for ESPN (or whatever network is airing it) are making a shit-ton more than the NFL Films guys? Are they all salaried?

[quote name='TFN']I used to read the GGT to read the funny console arguements that would go on.. but theres none of that anymore.

....hardly anything in there besides two dudes who suck at Rock Band. :nottalking:[/quote]You can't complain 'bout that anymore.

[quote name='wubb']Very interesting.

NFL Films has some neat stuff here and there, but you are right they don't put out a ton of stuff.

So basically the guys shooting the game for ESPN (or whatever network is airing it) are making a shit-ton more than the NFL Films guys? Are they all salaried?[/quote]

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!!!

Some are salaried (those guys make a ass raping) but most are actually freelancers.

Its very...very...very hard to get a staff Cameraman job. Because you only need about 3-5 cameraman (more depending on how big your company is) and all the rest you just hire freelancer because its easier.

Why pay for a staff guy to go to LA when you can just pay a freelancer that is already there a quarter that?

3 staff camera guys can work about 80% of every gig that comes through the door...and any over flow you just hire a freelancer for. Put your trusted staff guys on the most important gigs/positions and the freelancers on gigs/jobs that are not as important.

For example, I am 2nd on the list of freelancer at NFL FILMS..which means after that use up all their staff guys (I think they have like 6) they call the first on the list...if he cant do it or they need even more people they call me. It just so happens that the Lions games require like 8 people so they always need me.

I mean I have never worked for ESPN but thats pretty much the lay out of very company that I have ever came in contact with since being a cameraman. So I assume its about the same...just on a bigger scale for ESPN.

TFN, don't let anyone ever tell you that you're not hump-able,
because you're bump-able,
I hope I'm not making you feel uncomfortable.

I wrote a song for you TFN.

Hey there TFN, I see you looking down.
Don't want to see my little buddy there with a frown.
Just because I get more women than you, well that's only because they don't know you like I do.
Sure, you're weedy and kind of shy.
But some girlie out there must be needy for a weedy, shy guy.
They want you as the needle when they're rolling in the hay.
Just hear me out when I say...

TFN, you got it going on.
The ladies will get to know your sexuality when they get to know your personality.
I said, TFN, you got it going on.
Not in a gay way, just in a "hey mate, I wanted to say that you're looking okay, mate."
Why can't a heterosexual guy,
Tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly.
Not all the time, obviously, just when he's got a problem with his self esteem.
Don't let anybody tell you you're not humpable.
Because you're bumpable.
Well, I hope this doesn't make you feel uncomfortable.
If I say you've got a boom ow-ow.
Come on TFN, help me out now.

(You got it going on!)
That's the conclusion that I've come to.
But that doesn't mean that I want to bum you.
(Got it going on...)
No doubt about it, we'd be gettin crazy.
If one of us was lucky enough to be born a lady.

If one of us was a lady, and I was your man, if I was your man.
Well, sometimes it gets lonely, and I need a woman.
And then I imagine you with some bosoms.
In fact, one time when you came to Dallas and I was really lonely.
And we were sharing that air mattress in my place.
I put a wig on you, when you were sleeping, I put a wig on you.
Oh, ohhh, oooooh, oh, and I just laid there and spooned you.

Go sledding?

Wipe some crisco up on a trash can lid and let that bitch rip.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rMcRJVY1-0[/MEDIA]

Sorry, tee-eff-enn.

My g/f said the iPod I gave her is acting up so it looks like I'll be taking it to Best Buy for the second time. Third time = new iPod. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back