The Official Super Paper Mario thread | Got what it takes to save the worlds?

[quote name='Strell']Months?

I started it nigh 2 years ago and finished it (after a long hiatus) roughly a year after that, meaning I beat it sometime last year.

You got me confoozled with someone else.

Jerk.

:)

Edit: Yur thinkin' of Rocket Slime. That I started a few months ago, but finished it within a week.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure - maybe it was finishing it I was thinking about. Or maybe I did get you confused with someone else. And no, I wasn't thinking of Rocket Slime. I thought you hadn't done TYD at some point late last year and was shocked to hear that. Maybe it was just that you hadn't finished it. So my comment still stands, sort of ;).

Anyway, point is, you can wait till tomorrow for this one.

I think I got a call from EB/GS about my preorder but my 4 year-old answered the phone and didn't get it to me in time. Makes little difference as I know I have it preordered - twice, actually ;) (Thanks to the Wii trade-in deal - second copy will get returned for $50 in credit which will be saved for whichever of Metroid/SSBB/Mario Galaxy gets released first).

RF - Your best bet is the EB/GS trade-in deal. Unfortunately, unless you have credit there already, $8 is not quite enough seed money to get SPM cheap - you'd need $30 minimum (Far Cry and Open Season at Best Buy after $5 coupons).

I still haven't played TTYD.

And I've had a Wii since launch.

And I've had TTYD since Wii launch as well.

Don't beat me.

[quote name='io']Are you sure - maybe it was finishing it I was thinking about. Or maybe I did get you confused with someone else. And no, I wasn't thinking of Rocket Slime. I thought you hadn't done TYD at some point late last year and was shocked to hear that. Maybe it was just that you hadn't finished it. So my comment still stands, sort of ;).
[/QUOTE]

Well I know I finished it at the beginning of summer last year. :p

I can wait one more day.

BUT WHY MUST I

[quote name='sixersballernum3']6% here as well.

I cannot wait for this game. I'm gonna be at BB at like 10 to pick this sucker up.[/QUOTE]

Too bad Best Buy won't have it at 10 am, probably.

Best Buy here doesn't receive their games until 11 or 12, whenever UPS / Fed-Ex drops it off.

Just keep checking the store locator... the minute it's there, it'll show up.

So who wants to make a bet on if CC will really have it out by 2 pm?

And if they will honor their supposed "get a $20 GC if we don't!" ??

Only into the intro stroy. My wife is really interested in this game (a real rarity) so we're trying to get supper together and then go through the poening part together. :)

[quote name='Scorch']9.75% sales tax here.. ouch[/QUOTE]

What is this "sales tax" you all speak of? :lol:

Seriously, though, no sales tax has made being a CAG much easier. Tax would kill a lot of these deals for me. Of course, I make up for it by paying nearly double my federal income tax in state income taxes :bomb:. Hey, that reminds me, April 15th is coming up soon. No SPM for me until I get that done :cry:.

[quote name='daroga']Only into the intro stroy. My wife is really interested in this game (a real rarity) so we're trying to get supper together and then go through the poening part together. :)[/quote]

I know what you mean... games like that are worth every penny in my opinion. Bomberman '93 was definitely worth the $6.00 bucks. My girlfriend absolutely loves playing that.

I wouldn't check BB or CC for this at all! These have the dates in there ad and will not break it, usually. If anything, try Wal-Mart or Target as they won't really care. EB/GS/GC may have them, but may not sell unless you pre-ordered it. So far nothing in California...Oh well. Work will be LONG tomorrow.

That's fucking stupid. Of course I don't have anything else to spend my $50 BB RZ cert on so I guess I'm stuck waiting, unless they somehow break that time.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']That's fucking stupid. Of course I don't have anything else to spend my $50 BB RZ cert on so I guess I'm stuck waiting, unless they somehow break that time.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.[/QUOTE]

If you find it somewhere else just buy it then. Return your BB copy to that store for a cash refund.

[quote name='gizmogc']If you find it somewhere else just buy it then. Return your BB copy to that store for a cash refund.[/quote]

This is true. I may do that since I plan on stopping at Gamestop early tomorrow to trade in some games for MP8 and Pokemon Battle preorders.

Thanks for the tip.

Ordered it at Amazon for $45 + free shipping + no tax. I can wait to play this. Besides I didn't want to pay full price for this game.

[quote name='Scrubking']Ordered it at Amazon for $45 + free shipping + no tax. I can wait to play this. Besides I didn't want to pay full price for this game.[/quote]

After bitching about it not being in stores today?

Sweet, sweet irony.

[quote name='daroga']This game is messing with my mind.

In a good way.[/QUOTE]

Damn you Daroga, go play your game and leave us in our blissful ignorance ;).

Is this paper mario anything like the first one (besides the style and art) because im probably one of the few that didnt like the first one....It went to slowly...

[quote name='gizmogc']I wouldn't check BB or CC for this at all! These have the dates in there ad and will not break it, usually. If anything, try Wal-Mart or Target as they won't really care. EB/GS/GC may have them, but may not sell unless you pre-ordered it. So far nothing in California...Oh well. Work will be LONG tomorrow.[/quote]

Actually, When I was out and about looking for trade fodder for the 2for1, I saw it at Best Buy, and at Target. As well, when I was over at Circuit City, (trying to pm a bb coupon that they wouldn't honor), they were chatting about putting the game out but one commented that they have to wait till tomorrow to put it out.

[quote name='io']Damn you Daroga, go play your game and leave us in our blissful ignorance ;).[/quote]Hehehe, sorry.

You guys have greatness coming. I've only beaten one full world and already I want a sequel. It plays with everything you know about Mario, 2D Sidescrollers, and RPGs. It's fantastic. :)

I just checked the San Jose Costco, but their system doesn't show it coming in until 4/16. :cry:

sonderiaom, you're lucky for living in WA... must take less than a day to ship from Nintendo to the retailers out there.

[quote name='Eclipse3EB']I just checked the San Jose Costco, but their system doesn't show it coming in until 4/16. :cry:

sonderiaom, you're lucky for living in WA... must take less than a day to ship from Nintendo to the retailers out there.[/quote]

Even with finding them, I'm still waiting until EB gets it in as that's where I got it from the 2for1.

And yeah, I've actually been down to the Nintendo Factory; it's not that exciting.

[quote name='JokerCard']Is this paper mario anything like the first one (besides the style and art) because im probably one of the few that didnt like the first one....It went to slowly...[/quote]

Have you read even one sentence or watched any videos of the game? It's a platformer with RPG elements; no turn-based battles.

Super Paper Mario received an 8.8 at GameSpot: http://tinyurl.com/3x4j3n

"One thing to note is that, above and beyond the core story content, Super Paper Mario features a good assortment of side quests to undertake. You can collect recipes and character cards, visit a local arcade, and even get three additional pixls. While you can do some of this before finishing the game, you'll have the option to go back once you've finished the quest. Revisiting areas will let you continue some side quests you didn't finish and even take on some new ones."

At least they got it right... I hated not being able to go back and complete the side quests in Twilight Princess after finishing the main story mode.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']After bitching about it not being in stores today?

Sweet, sweet irony.[/QUOTE]

If I'm paying full price + tax I want my game now. Since I got a deal things changed. Not that hard to understand really.

[quote name='Scrubking']If I'm paying full price + tax I want my game now. Since I got a deal things changed. Not that hard to understand really.[/quote]

Did you preorder?

If not, I mean, I don't see a reason to bitch. It's not like you're out the cash and have no game. Stores near you just don't happen to have the game the day it is shipped.

[quote name='yukine']At least they got it right... I hated not being able to go back and complete the side quests in Twilight Princess after finishing the main story mode.[/QUOTE]I really loved that about Paper Mario:TTYD. It's technically still my "Now Playing" game for GC because I'm still working on all the old side missions whenever I load up my GameCube. I also like how, with that, it's like the game didn't end. I always get a little sad when I finish a good game.

I'm not a fan of platformers, but being a Paper Mario game, I'm psyched for this one. I preordered mine with CDUniverse.com/Google Checkout deal. Hope it doesn't take TOO long to get here.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I'm not a fan of platformers, but being a Paper Mario game, I'm psyched for this one. I preordered mine with CDUniverse.com/Google Checkout deal. Hope it doesn't take TOO long to get here.[/quote]

You can always buy it at the store and just return the one you get in the mail with the receipt.

[quote name='Dingleberry']You can always buy it at the store and just return the one you get in the mail with the receipt.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm tempted to do that, especially with the CC $20 gift card stock guarantee thing.

[quote name='Scrubking']If I'm paying full price + tax I want my game now. Since I got a deal things changed. Not that hard to understand really.[/QUOTE]

You only saved $5 dollars. You could have done the trade 2 thing at EB and gotten it for $30 (with a little bit of work, of course) AND had it tommorow. Nice. Anyway, I'm super fucking pumped. I'm picking it up at lunch, and after school I'm playing it non-stop before work.

I just got a notice from TRU online that my preorder for SPM has been backordered...ugh.. Oh well, I'll just get it from target tomorrow and sell off or return the TRU one. Anyone think target will have it during opening? I have work at 10am but I don't get out until 7!

[quote name='sonderiaom']Actually, When I was out and about looking for trade fodder for the 2for1, I saw it at Best Buy, and at Target. As well, when I was over at Circuit City, (trying to pm a bb coupon that they wouldn't honor), they were chatting about putting the game out but one commented that they have to wait till tomorrow to put it out.[/QUOTE]

I went in to a Fred Meyer and they had a stack of them in the case Monday night ;). But, like you, I'm waiting for my EB preorder copy. But heck, if Fred Meyer had them early that is a clear indication that Nintendo shipped them out early - I'm sure every store has them, just some are better at keeping street date than others ;).

[quote name='Scorch']9.75% sales tax here.. ouch[/quote]

ha! i have to live with 13% here. but i guess thats the cost of free health care

[quote name='Thedarkhorse']ha! i have to live with 13% here. but i guess thats the cost of free health care[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. . . . 13 % tax . . . . free health care . . . . 13% tax . . . . free health care . . . 13% tax . . . . free health care. . . . Something just isn't adding up in my mind.

And 13%!?! Jesus only asks for 10%!

Filed my income tax return last night, so I got that monkey off my back. And with the amount Im getting back, I wont mind paying full price for this game. Im hitting the Nintendo World store at 10am today and getting my copy.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get out of here early today...*cough cough*. ;)

when you hit up nintendo world today, i wish you the best of luck meeting one of those employees greeting you with a mario costume on...that's what i remember from the last mario event :eek:

[quote name='munch']And 13%!?! Jesus only asks for 10%![/quote]
Actually, Jesus only asks for a "cheerful giver," but Christian Stewarship Principles seem a tad off topic for this thread. ;)

Just finsihed up the second world. Great stuff. Thank goodness I have a few days off of work here. :)

So I had a $27 Gift Card to Amazon, I had an Amazon Prime Free Trial, it is $5 cheaper and I have no car, cause I am a poor college student. Perfect situation for an Amazong order right, right? Well, AMAZON IS NOT SENDING THEM OUT UNTIL THE 13th!!!! WHAT THE CRAP??? ARGH!!!!

[quote name='regisphilbi0']So I had a $27 Gift Card to Amazon, I had an Amazon Prime Free Trial, it is $5 cheaper and I have no car, cause I am a poor college student. Perfect situation for an Amazong order right, right? Well, AMAZON IS NOT SENDING THEM OUT UNTIL THE 13th!!!! WHAT THE CRAP??? ARGH!!!![/quote]
Yeah, I just got the notice too.

bread's done
Back